Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BAG HELP PLEASE - Need a double bag for skis and gear

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I travel to Chamonix next weekend with BA and I've realised that skis are now an extra on top of luggage. I'd be really grateful if anyone can recommend a good back for skis and boots and a bit of other stuff. My skis are 168 and 170's but I'll only be travelling with one set on this trip. I usually take a helmet and some other bits and pieces. I'd like to keep the cost as low as possible but know I may have to pay up to £200.

As I need to get this sorted and ordered asap I'd be really grateful for some advice and experience.

Was thinking

SnoKart Multi
Dakine
EVOC Snow Gear Roller Ski
Anchorage ski bag

Thanks!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got the Evoc snow roller and it takes my skis & boots, Mrs Ms XC skis & boots, all the poles and a few bits of clothing in the 23kg allowance. If you're flying BA you get 23kg in the cabin as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've had a dakine single roller bag for about 6 years now and it's been fantastic and I've now bought a double one and the quality seems just as good, highly recommended.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,

Is the Dakine double roller the snowboard bag? Can you get ski boots in their too? I was looking at this option....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
musher wrote:
I've got the Evoc snow roller and it takes my skis & boots, Mrs Ms XC skis & boots, all the poles and a few bits of clothing in the 23kg allowance. If you're flying BA you get 23kg in the cabin as well.

Thanks for the advice. Yes 23kg in the cabin is great but the bagsize is quite restrictive. If I put my boots in a small case there's no room for anything else! This may have to be the way though...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have a Douchebag... poor name choice, but great product. Well made, adjustable to suit the contents, and holds a heap of gear. http://mydouchebag.com
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mrlossyman wrote:
Hi,

Is the Dakine double roller the snowboard bag? Can you get ski boots in their too? I was looking at this option....

The single one is a board bag and no you can't really get the boots in the pockets properly hence one of the reasons I've gone for the double roller ski bag as it just gives you that much more height in the bag to fit the boots in the pockets.
If I were you I'd get the double one because even if you aren't taking two pairs of skis then you can always fill the bag up with thermals ect.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As far as I'm aware, skis are allowed as particular normal luggage. BACK are only pricing as hand luggage now but charging 10pounds for a standard bag,which can be a ski bag.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mrlossyman, you are in Surrey...I am too (near Shere)

I have a spare Board Bag that should just fit either of your two skis, and will take all your other stuff too.
It certainly did for a previous ski trip of my daughter.

It's got wheels.Only used once...yours for £30

PM me if you want with your phone, come and get it anytime.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
glasgowcyclops wrote:
As far as I'm aware, skis are allowed as particular normal luggage. BACK are only pricing as hand luggage now but charging 10pounds for a standard bag,which can be a ski bag.

That's what we do when flying BA. Three hold bags and the double ski roller counts as mine. That and the generous cabin allowance is plenty.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've got a SnoKart 185 2-ski roller, really well built and only about £75.....
http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/SnoKart_2_SKI_ROLLER_Double_Ski_Bag_185cm_Black-(45948)?gclid=CM7h48e5m7wCFQrpwgod6EEA7g
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rather than spend £200 on a bag would it not be cheaper just to pay the extra bag charge?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Sound advice perhaps, but two months too late wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Very Happy That will teach me to look at the dates of the post further up the list rather than the last one. Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy