Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New lift in Jochberg by Kitzbühel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A new lift opened at Jochberg in the Kitzbühel area today. But before the skiing came the celebration party...

... even with oompah music, playing Rudolph, the red-nosed reindeer - Tyrolean style...

Here's the lift...

Oh, no! That was 49 years ago, Christmas 1964. Now the view up the Wagstätt slope looks like this...

The new lift is a ten-seater gondola with all mod cons, considerably more comfortable and quicker than the single-seat chair and T-bar. Here's another view looking down over Jochberg with the bottom station of the new lift (there are photos of the middle and top stations in my Kitzbühel album here)...

I had assumed that the whole Kitzbühel area would be opening today but only the Wagstätt gondola was running in Jochberg, so I couldn't ski to Pass Thurn as I had planned. The run at Wagstätt is a moderately steep red and was already showing mini-moguls from the many skiers out enjoying free use of the lift. Hard work, I found, but an enjoyable piste. Snow was reasonable but largely artificial, I think, and with overcast skies the visibility wasn't good. It was snowing lightly by the end of the afternoon.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A few of us chatting about how the new lift may affect the business of the restaurant between the chairlift and the T bar. The fact there is a middle station answers the question. I thought that run is brilliant but only skied a tiny number of times in the 8 visits to Kitzbuhel because I despised the chair lift and t bar so much. Looking forward to sampling the gondola in the New Year trip there (3 weeks to go Razz )
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Wagstätt Alm at the middle station has been completely rebuilt, I think. However, I wasn't able to get in because there was a geschlossene Gesellschaft, a private party there - presumably for folk involved in building the lift.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Being a relatively new skier I wondered what I was having to get on when I got to the bottom and saw the single man chair. Woke me up with a nice pinch to the back of the legs and then a thought "how does the safety bar work?"
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy