Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski-Mojo

Poster: A snowHead
You can adjust it so that engaging the Mojo requires less effort. Unfortunately this means that the leg has to bend more before the Mojo works
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The bending or rather straightening of my leg is the issue - it's very easy to engage the mojo otherwise. I suspect that it's the same for Rugby Pete.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jiggs62, Yes as you say it's the straightening of the knee to engage which is the issue rather than the force required and thanks for that tip - i'll give it a go next weekend.

Like you old rugby injuries are taking their toll - six nations finale today so I'll take the opportunity to keep the weight off it Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I fully intend recuperating in front of the TV from around 12:30 to about 17:30 or so, followed by some iron intake at paddy's night at the club... Very Happy

I am Irish though so I suspect that we are looking for different results from our workouts today Wink I'm nervous actually - if you do pile on 50+ against the Italians - which you could do given that they tackled themselves to a standstill last week- then I can see us getting the heebie jeebies in Paris, but hopefully BOD will get the send off his service to rugby deserves.

Enjoy the skiing (but please not the rugby!) wink
ski holidays
 budanatr
budanatr
I had surgery on my knee after tearing my ACL. I was out for the rest of the season. But the next season got back on the boards but was a bit nervous on steeper pistes. Then this season I saw these interesting looking leg and knee 'braces'. Actually they are not really braces, they are more like exo-skeletons for the legs of skiers. They have a piston that pushes me back up after a turn and supports me as I go down into a turn. I tried them in Austria, after a few runs I was hooked and then ended up buying them. They are really hard to describe but I think they might work better than the Ski-Mojos I have seen people using. They are also really easy to put on. Anyway, they are called Againer. I looked up the website....www.againer-ski.com. You can even buy them online. So far I really like mine. snowHead They seem to be pretty new on the market but I think they will do well.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
budanatr,Looks a good bit of kit.

Jiggs62, Couple of good games and I don't begrudge O'Driscoll a send off like that - a great player. Bit tense at the end though but was definately a forward pass Very Happy - fair result.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi all,

Have now bought a set of Ski-Mojo's from one of the few retailers in the UK based in Bolton - great service stayed opened late for us and fitted them etc. The new version with the open knee strapping does fit ok over my wife's knee brace - my wife is already impressed with how they fit/switch on and off etc, so her confidence is already way higher than it would be without them - Off to Les Arcs on Saturday o give them a try out, the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say - will let you know how we get on with them. Thanks to everyone who has posted all the useful feedback etc on here. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
philcox, good luck, do you mind elaborating on your wife's knee issues as well?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi Nicky J,

Hope this helps.

My wife after not having skied at all for two years following a fractured Tibial Plateu, This has now knitted together with a slight displacement, ACL was damaged and is now "Lax" plus knee has good and bad days as does appear to move position slightly and can hurt under the knee cap/swell up after walking for any period of time over an hour or so. Also makes a great deal of "crunchy/crackling" noise internally when bending.

Very positive result achieved with the mojo's. My wife (and must admit I was as well) was really impressed with the Mojo's. Thought the way they worked by "pressuring " your ski's into the snow may have been an issue when lightening the inside ski - but did actually appear to improve her stance and eliminated the slight "Christie" she always had at the start of the turn. She managed to ski three short blue 1km length runs first day with slight pain in knee. Did over 10km second day on blue runs - knee perfectly ok, but ankle was swollen (Ankle was fractured when sustained knee injury and went un-diagnosed until started to put weight on it again). Rested fully on the 3rd day. 4th day skied for 3 hours on multiple runs - blue and red. 5th day - knee felt slightly "Weird" right from the off but skied for an hour - stayed on Blue's. Ankle was again a bit swollen. Knee slight pain under the knee cap. Decided discretion was the best part of valour and did not ski on the 6th day.

Bottom line being that my wife thought they were superb and believes she would not be able to ski at all without the mojo's, and I also believe this to be the case. - they certainly take some pressure of the knees and provide additional stability, they have certainly given her confidence that she would probably not otherwise have. We are off to Tignes for a few days at the end of April so hopefully will be able to give you a further update then.

P.S. On previous Post stated shop was in Bolton - meant Burnley.
Very Happy
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had a scan on my knees a few days ago. Shortened ski season last year due to shoulder problems (4 months off work after op). Shortened ski season this time due to knees. Had 8 weeks Dec to mid Feb - both knees got swollen but could keep going by ice-ing most nights. Return in March - after a day left knee massively swollen and excrutiating to put pressure through. By the Weds of my first week had to give up and came home after just a week. Both my quack and I believe its osteoarthritis. It is in my hands, fingers, rib cage, shoulders and neck so we are both expecting the scan to confirm. 55 years old. I have done little exercise since I returned. Cannot walk far without both knees hurting and it has not got much better despite the rest
Considering the mojo for 2014/15. Any arthritic snowheads out there that have used it with this condition? May buy it just as an insurance policy so I can do some skiing at least.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yup. gerrit bought. End of.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman,
Thanks. Good advice me thinks.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

gerrit bought. End of.

I'd agree with that. But also look into what you can do to keep your knees mobile - see a good physio. Am just off to see one in ten minutes......
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mark1863, It works for me- osteoarthritis in left knee. Worth every penny as far as I'm concerned. Also what pam w, said, see a physio if you haven't already.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the advice folks. If scan confirms I will get one. Does it take much getting use to? I am used to being very active on my skis. During that last holiday I was skid turning whenever I wanted to turn to the right. it has come on very quickly in the last few years. I have played a ginormous amount of sport and been very outdoors. Again many thanks.
latest report
The initial set up is a bit fiddly but I got it from Edge and Wax and they set it all up for me. You get used to it very quickly and I dont really notice it's there now. I started to have major problems when turning right and this has really helped - skiing better than ever now (in my opinion) Very Happy
snow conditions
The scan and xrays did show the osteoarthritis was very prevalent in both knees. The cartilage is pretty bad. So I will be buying a mojo. Will talk to physios what are the best exercises to keep the supporting muscles as strong as possible. I love running but think that methodolgy is not open to me.
Steroid injections in my neck tomorrow
My cup runneth over
If I was a horse.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy