Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How to put Garmin Connect Data on to a piste map or similar??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Went for my first ski today and recorded my route on my Garmin Forerunner 110. Uploading the route on to Garmin connect gives me the data i like (speed/ distance etc), but it would be great to put the data over a piste map to show the runs and lifts etc...

Any ideas how to go about it??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use a Foretrex.

By far the easiest way is to buy some mapping software such as Memory Map - French Alps (or wherever you are). Then just download your Forerunner into that and it will overlay it on a 1:25K map. Costs money mind and it will keep costing you as you buy more maps.

You'll end up with something like this (but without the deliberate blur):

For many of the bigger resorts the lifts are marked and named on the map but sometimes lifts get moved!

It will also allow you to overlay satellite images at the same resolution and even do a 3D fly-thru of your route.

You can do something similar on Google Earth for free. Not as much detail and a bit more hassle so I've never tried it.

Both of these just use plain maps with no piste information. For that you might try:
http://openpistemap.org/
But I don't know of any way to overlay your own data.

Also, I've never seen anything that will allow you to overlay your data on a traditional pistemap. This would be very tricky as they tend to use a bendy projection system so that all the runs are shown conveniently.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For France visugpx.com will let you do it for free with IGN maps and has other map options elsewhere.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use a Garmin Forerunner 405 which can be down loaded to Bing, Google or Open Street Maps. Google shows pistes and lifts. That would mean upgrading your gear, could be expensive. snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy