Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Head Impulse 5.70 skis. Bargain or pile of poo?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Yesterday, one of our local charity shops was having a warehouse clearout. This being Sevenoaks, the charity shops have a better class of tat (though not quite to Victoria Beckham standard rolling eyes ); MissusMac, being utterly unable to resist the combination of shop and potential bargain, had to be restrained from camping overnight.

Got home last night to find we had acquired a pair of skis. MissusMac says they're for her but I note that, while the points are up to her nose (which makes them a bit long for her?), they come to my chin (which makes them the right length for me? Madeye-Smiley ).

As said, they're Head Impulse 5.70's, with Tyrolia bindings. By the look of 'em, we think they've been used no more than a couple times - this being Sevenoaks, probably by someone who lashed out on the kit before realising skiing is a 'Marmite' sport. Cool

Both MissusMac and I are ok on-piste skiers, so did she pay £2 for snowHead too or Embarassed?

Regards,
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
StuartMac, for £2 they're almost certainly better than anything you'd be renting...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
StuartMac, Got a great review here http://www.skiforum.pl/topic/1204-head-impulse-570-150cm-czy-warto/ snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
just seen, your missus has bought a pair of little used, yet perfectly competent complete skis for 2£ StuartMac OH...FFS! There are men here who would worship such a woman! You just don't deserve such perfection of womanhood you parsimonious ass . . . Jeeez! I'll take her out for a slap-up dinner myself just to say 'thank you' for her sensibility.

She has spent the price of a pack of toilet roll to equip herself to join you on the slopes and YOU! are whinging about the value . . . Evil or Very Mad

As for posting that here? . . . If I were you I'd be hiding the knives and fitting a lock to your spare bedroom to hide behind rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque wrote:
StuartMac, Got a great review here http://www.skiforum.pl/topic/1204-head-impulse-570-150cm-czy-warto/ snowHead

Yep, that review has them down as the bee's knees. snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
StuartMac, they sound just the right length for her, actually....... so I wouldn't worry about it. You can find your own skis!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Masque wrote:

She has spent the price of a pack of toilet roll to equip herself to join you on the slopes and YOU! are whinging about the value . . . Evil or Very Mad

Don't think he's whinging, just would like to slip them into his own quiver. snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
NeddySkiGoon, fer £2! . . . Fookit I'll book a place on the eosb fer the lass just to go and have some fun without the miserly, misogynist, muppet rolling eyes

Here's the deal: If you can prove your bloke is worse than StuartMac, there is an EOSB place for you (I will confirm with admin when he surfaces from Tignes) but yup . . . there's a bed booked Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
This is "MissusMac".

"Masque":

Are you as rude and uncouth in person, or are you just an Internet Hard Man?

Stuart and I have spent nearly fourteen years taking the mickey out of one another. His post was a j-o-k-e ... you know ... ho, ho, titter, titter? He did liberally sprinkle it with smilies but, despite your innumerable posts to this Forum, you still don't understand the connection between the word "smilie" and the facial expression described by the word "smile"? rolling eyes

Masque wrote:
Fookit I'll book a place on the EoSB fer the lass just to go and have some fun without the miserly, misogynist, muppet

With such highly-developed manners and sense of humour, trust me, you'd have two hopes, ...

Hth.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
StuartMac/MissusMac, please forgive Masque: he doesn't get out much, that is, they don't let him out much Wink

Masque, be nice - you'll be in the snows soon and everything will seem lovely again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

he doesn't get out much, that is, they don't let him out much

Laughing
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the charity would have done a lot better to sell the skis on ebay. Friends of mine play a major role in a SCF shop and he would have sold those skis on ebay and probably made at least £100. Not so good for the OP, of course. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy