Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shops between grenoble and les deux alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Hello

We'll be driving from Grenoble airport to Les deux alpes in a couple of weeks and need to pick a few bits of kit before we go. I was wondering if anyone knows of any decent ski shops on the outskirts of Grenoble or along this route that might give us a better selection or be cheaper than in the resort.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ozbozz123, there's a Decathlon on the retail park just before you turn off from Grenoble towards the resorts. (Espace Comboire, Echirolles).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's another Decathlon at Saint Egrève on a Retail Park before you get to Grenoble. It's just off the main road and is easy to get to. There's also a supermarket next door if you need to stock up.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not quite on the direct route, but Espace Montagne http://www.espacemontagnegrenoble.com/plan#plan on the east side of Grenoble is the biggest mountain shop I have every seen. It was full of skis I had never heard of as well as all I had heard of, a massive choice of climbing gear and outdoor clothing and very knowledgeable staff (who all spoke perfect English). While my son bought a new pair of mountaineering boots I walked around for over an hour in awe. The range of stuff available put the ski show and every shop I have seen in the UK to shame
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've never been but there's an Au Vieux Campeur too http://www.auvieuxcampeur.fr/adresse_grenoble
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks very much guys
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Decathlon at Espace Comboire is bigger and better equiped than the one in St. Egrève (I live in St. Egrève); there's also supermarkets at Espace Comboire. There are also plenty of ski shops in Bourg d'Oisans which is the closest main town to LDA.

I would avoid driving though Grenoble at the moment - it's a nightmare with all the roadworks for the new tram line; and will be even worse than 'normal' on Sauturdays as Christmas approaches...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Red Dave, yes, it will be bad enough on the Rocade. Driving through Grenoble when hubby was in hospital there was an experience (which reminds me there was also a Decathlon at La Tronche).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Driving through Grenoble when hubby was in hospital there was an experience

It's an experience right enough; though probably a lot safer now that it has ground to a halt.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Red Dave, They're still doing the new tram lines? Thought it was finished ages ago!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Red Dave, at one point I ended up driving along the canal, it was like being in a Bond chase. Laughing Laughing Laughing . It was so much easier to park the car at the hospital and get th tram to the hotel rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick D, Tram E from Grenoble centre to Le Fontinil (via St Egrève) is still in contruction and not planned to be finished before next year; though it could be later due to problems in St. Egrève. The Line B extension in the presque isle is also still going on, adding to the traffic hold ups. The main route into Grenoble from the west is down to one lane at the entrance to Grenoble (Porte de France) due to the roadworks (the tram runs along side the autoroute going out of Grenoble). As a result the Rocade Sud is even more blocked than normal. It should be interesting when the ski starts proper...

Hells Bells, I'll be glad when the tram arrives chez moi and I can leave behind the joys of driving / parking in Grenoble.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Red Dave, We always seem to hit traffic on the Rocade Sud but hard to know how they could improve things as there's no space to enlarge the road (other than going underneath similar to Bostons 'Big Dig' I guess).
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnE, I now want to go to Genoble just for that shop! Madeye-Smiley
Typlically french website though!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flet©h, Its an incredible shop but ££££££ Shock
snow report
Red Dave, should be interesting half term weekend, I've planned to get to Lyon on the Friday evening. Any recommendations getting thru Grenoble to L2A appreciated??? Would the A48/E711 thru still be having problems? Could be an early start out of Lyon me thinks...?
ski holidays
Simon94, yep should be interesting - Fridays and Saturdays during winter holidays are always jammed. An early start would be good - plan to get past Grenoble by 9am and you should be OK; though an hour earlier won't hurt!

Nick D, yep not much option unfortunately. I've got a mate who has an apartment in Oz and is there for several weeks dueing the season, so I may see you around...
snow report
Red Dave, Maybe someone I know! Drop me a PM if you're heading that way.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy