Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Menuires 2013/2014

Poster: A snowHead
It is great skiing here again at the start of the new season in Val Thorens and Les Menuires.
Today several lifts will be opened in Les Menuires and the connections with the other valleys will be opened too.
The weather is excellent : dark blue cloudless sky and temperature just below zero.

see the other pictures of the last three days at :

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157638356313335/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157638386671106/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/sets/72157638416168115/

131206_009
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
123_456, Good to have your reports and wonderful pictures Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
123_456, hello again! Lovely to see you back. Hope you have a wonderful season. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
123_456, I loved looking at your pictures last year. Looking forward to the updates throughout the season!!! do you live there or are you a seasonaire?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
123_456, great to have you back on the forum and I look forward to my daily fix of the Trois Vallee. I hope you have a great season Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
123_456, great to see this thread. Arriving in Les Menuires on 21st so will be following avidly.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The season for 3-Vallees has started. All liaisons were open today. The weather is perfect. The snow on the pistes is hard packed, with some loose snow on top.

131207_009
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Today the same weather and snow conditions as before with two dominant colors : blue and white

131208_001
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Less sunshine due to some thin high clouds during the first part of the day. In the afternoon the clouds disappeared and the blue sky was back again. It is far from busy on the pistes even in Val Thorens. This nice weather will last for more than one week (?).

131209_024
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
123_456, welcome back friend snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
An other day with plenty of sunshine, good temperatures and beautiful pistes.
The pistes in Les Menuires, Mottaret, Méribel and Courchevel will stay in good shape for the next days, because the number of skiers/boaders is very low.

131210_014
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
and again a beautiful, sunny day

131211_021
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
More than 10 days in a row the weather is unchanged.

131212_003
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Aaaah, my favourite thread is back, thank you 123_456 snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Another thank you and good to see your pics again 123_456 snowHead
snow conditions
Friday, 13-12-2013
Sunny weather during the whole day. World Cup Skicross in Val Thorens

131213_004
snow conditions
By surprise clouds during the morning, but sunny again during the afternoon.

131214_002
ski holidays
Missing my daily fix of life in Les Men' hope all is ok with you both?
ski holidays
Another day of glorious sunshine in the 3vs. The snow on the pistes is still holding up, I think it probably best in Meribel at the moment out of all the 3vs. With a bit more from Thursday it should be a great pre-xmas start to the season.
snow report
Great to see this thread active for the forthcoming season - not out til after christmas but these fantastic photographs give a little buzz - lovely to see you and your camera back in action 123_456
snow conditions
sunday, 15-12-2013
a beautiful sunny day
snow report
monday, 23-12-2013
Fresh snow yesterday evening and last night in total 2 cm. Only some scattered clouds during the early morning, but the rest of the day very brilliant. There are too may skiers and boarders for the actual thin snowlayer. On many places the pistes are worn out with stones and bare soil.

sorry, but at the moment I only can give you the link to the picture of the day
Flickr has changed its sharing option "embedded html code" and I think <iframe> is not supported by this forum. Moreover every shared picture from Flickr has been watermarked with the name Flickr. For the time being the best alternative is Facebook : www.facebook.com/lesmen27.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/11519791734/
snow conditions
last week !

sunday, 15-12-2013
a beautiful sunny day

131215_012 by 123_456, on Flickr

monday, 16-12-2013
once again a sunny day with some minor fibre clouds

131216_018 by 123_456, on Flickr

tuesday, 17-12-2013
excellent weatherconditions for the competitors and visitors of the World Cup Femine in Courchevel

131217_001 by 123_456, on Flickr

wednesday, 18-12-2013
a sunny day with some clouds that did not hampered the radiation of the suun

131218_015 by 123_456, on Flickr

thursday, 19-12-2013
low hanging clouds, some minor snowfall, the first day without sunshine since a long time

131219_002 by 123_456, on Flickr

friday, 20-12-2013
light snowfall during most parts of the day, only a few centimeters of fresh snow
http://www.flickr.com/photos/123_456/11502906703/

saturday, 21-122013
return of the sunshine and blue sky

131220_008 by 123_456, on Flickr

sunday, 22-12-2013
a mixed, but crowded day with some sunshine and some high clouds

131222_002 by 123_456, on Flickr

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 3-01-14 11:39; edited 7 times in total
snow report
Fantastic pictures, what camera are you using?
snow conditions
Very bad weather, nearly totally clouded and gusty, stroming winds

Merry Christmas 2013!

131224_102 by 123_456, on Flickr

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Thu 2-01-14 22:11; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Staying in Menuires for about the 7th year. Today the wind blew so very few lifts opened. However Meribel and Courcheval had far more lifts working - we were down to just one main lift over lunch (Masse 1). Is it me or do the lifts in the Belleville valley always close whenever there is a hint of wind? Not looking good on that front tomorrow... Also pistes are pretty much stone and grass into the village now, except the main run into Croisette.
snow conditions
It is Christmasday with a lot of wind, intermittend light snowfall, heavy grey clouds and black roads and that means the temperature is a little plus zero.

131225_007 by 123_456, on Flickr

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 3-01-14 11:31; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
FionaTwice,

Friday sunshine again!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
26-12-2013

last night 15 cm fresh snow and it is still snowing

131226_101 by 123_456, on Flickr

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 3-01-14 11:32; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
hors piste... I rest my case. yesterday most lifts were open despite cloud and snow. no snow overnight and this morning we were on the first lift from Menuires... But no. All high lifts closed and no reason. must have spent an hour in queues as a result until we we're allowed out of the valley at 10.30. we give these lift people thousands of pounds and in my humble opinion we should get better service than this. however a good day and we probably skied Everest at least. yesterday, mauduit in meribel was superb. Just ignore the closed sign. today it was not so good.
ski holidays
FionaTwice wrote:
hors piste... I rest my case. yesterday most lifts were open despite cloud and snow. no snow overnight and this morning we were on the first lift from Menuires... But no. All high lifts closed and no reason. must have spent an hour in queues as a result until we we're allowed out of the valley at 10.30. we give these lift people thousands of pounds and in my humble opinion we should get better service than this. however a good day and we probably skied Everest at least. yesterday, mauduit in meribel was superb. Just ignore the closed sign. today it was not so good.

You might want to think about safety a bit more.

Lifts are usually closed for a good reason. Usually safety related.

Closed signs on pistes are usually there for a good reason. Usually safety related.
ski holidays
FionaTwice, were you in the 3V in France or is there another one around the equator that has no snow and no avalanche risk? There was new snow and blown snow and they were blasting in VT still at 10.30 in the upper slopes having cleared the lower slopes . . . . . did you see any avalanches that had either been triggered by blasting or naturally today?
snow report
emwmarine wrote:
FionaTwice wrote:

Closed signs on pistes are usually there for a good reason. Usually safety related.

Well Emwmarine, you might like to think about not talking through a different orifice than your mouth a bit more before you write such a patronising put-down?

Were you there? FionaTwice was, and so was I. It was a bloody shambles. Lifts that were open quite happily at the end of yesterday, when the snow had pretty much stopped were now closed. So if it was safety then why was I skiing off them yesterday? I saw the lift folk arriving well after 9:30 to start opening mont de la chambre chair, as I'd crossed their palm with somewhat in excess of 300 euro I would like to see a bit more effort. It was really nice to be allowed to queue for >30 minutes for the bruyeres cabine, only to find you could only get to mid station - no sign at the bottom.

Yep, been doing this for 32 years (I started late) so I understand safety related reasons as much as the best of them, but it was complete disorganised chaos here this morning and I will be writing to Le Directeur d'Office de Tourisme de Les Menuires to let him know. Strangely as we managed to cross out of this shambles (taking 2 hours to do so) we found the Meribel valley and hence the Courcheval valley in full flow with no evidence of any issues at all. Strange, maybe they turned up for work at a time comensurate with the amount we've all paid them?
snow conditions
andyrew, it was knee high powder on some of the pistes I was on this morning so conditions had changed from yesterday . . . and I think all of the 3V links were closed early on. I've not been around as much as you but I do know that conditions high up (ie at the links) will be different to those down low (ie at the start of the Mont de la Chambre chair) and I for one would let the pros make the decisions having had a look at conditions and risks at the top not us well meaning and often biased amateurs.

My guess is that they decided not to open the links until all was clear higher up and this means that the chairs going up to the links will be closed. .. . Obviously a disappointment but give them the benefit of the doubt.
ski holidays
andyrew wrote:
emwmarine wrote:
FionaTwice wrote:

Well Emwmarine, you might like to think about not talking through a different orifice than your mouth a bit more before you write such a patronising put-down?

That's fine. Clearly, you know better with your vast experience and can spot a slovenly worker when you see one. Good to know you condone ignoring closed piste signs as well. I won't argue with someone as experienced as you.
snow report
emwmarine, hear hear! Someone died in VT yesterday.
ski holidays
FionaTwice, your insurance is likely to be invalid if you ski on a closed piste.
ski holidays
A beautiful sunny day with fresh snow, but too many people on the pistes

131227_014 by 123_456, on Flickr

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 3-01-14 11:32; edited 1 time in total
snow report
samuelsdad,

look at EXIF info on Flickr and you will find all the details and remember it is not the camera, the man or woman behind the camera
ski holidays
FionaTwice,

About two weeks ago we were also on the closed Maudit, but at certain parts we had to walk through the mud
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy