Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Snowboard in Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to Saalbach for a week from the 5th of January, its my 5th time snowbaording and thinking about buying a board. Just wondering what the options are like to buy there?

As it'll be a first board i'm not looking to spend too much, perhaps looking at buying a decent rental board or similar. Any suggestions on where to look in saalbach and any ideas on price range would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Ben
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ben1reilly,
From my observations the only time you get a good deal on kit in resort is at the end of season; believe you would have much more choice & better deals buying now & taking it with you . Dont forget you will also have to buy bindings + a bag to transport it back; again , more choice & better deals before you go. Have a look at Absolute snow............they have a lot on and you will save a few quid if you pick up last seasons offerings.
Mitch

PS; Great place Saalbach.......you will love it Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ben1reilly, Buy at the end of the season or in the Summer having rented and played with the best kit in the prior Winter. That way you'll get quality gear @ a discount and you won't feel 'stiffed'. Go for the top end rental pack and change daily, tell them you're looking to buy but want to try before . . . caveat . . . make a short list of 4 or 5 and keep notes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agree with all the above , been in Saalbach for 9 seasons and I don't think I have ever bought anything connected with ski equipment or ski wear in the village shops , the prices make your eyes water. Best bet is end of season sale in UK or places like edge and wax online who are very good.

Enjoy Saalbach , think you will catch the end of Russian New Year week so enjoy the expensive fashion show on the slopes wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for all the replies sounds like buying here is the way to go.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy