Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for Hemel instructor for 4 year old (private lessons)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Title says it all, would like to get the 4 year old some private lessons at Hemel before his first ski holiday and would like some recommendations for instructors to ask for when booking at Hemel

He'll have ski school lessons on holiday, ideally would like some lessons so that he can get out of the garden earlier and have more fun on the mountain.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm not absolutely certain, but I think I recall that there are several dedicated instructors at Hemel for the younger beginners. No idea when you are planning on going, but I'd imagine that, with the season upon us, the instructors may well be quite busy/booked up.

Is it perhaps worth considering booking your 4 year old into a group? Without knowing your child, a group environment may be a little more fun/less intense.

Just a thought.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My four year old daughter has had a very good experience with group lessons at Hemel, though as a lot were in the summer they were often effectively private. The two instructors that I particularly remember for both fun and progression were Katie and Alastair. I don't recall their surnames but could work it out if necessary.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My niece (at 3) had Jonathan who was great with her, but I suspect all the 1:1 tiny instructors are pretty good.

Don't expect too much out of privates I think they are only 30 mins at that age and are focused on getting them straight running in a balanced stance then introducing turning mechanics. the little monster in question was soon bombing it like a Crazy Canuck so I think stance is sorted.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My advice would be to book 30 minute private lessons; I have a load of kids that have been doing lessons with my for some time and 30 mins is enough. More progress is made in 30 mins 1-2-1 than in an hour (or 2) in a group. It is a cost vs time calculation only you can decide upon. They have fun either way!

1-2-1 we can just pop them on our knee to go up the rope tow; in groups they have to do it them selves; something 4yo's struggle with.

We can also ski down backwards holding hands/skis etc; something that either takes a lot longer with a group of 5!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
scooby_simon wrote:
1-2-1 we can just pop them on our knee to go up the rope tow; in groups they have to do it them selves; something 4yo's struggle with.

Now that I think of it the the lifts are a little high, sounds like a very good reason to have a 1-2-1

Many thanks for all the advice
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy