Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How best to use a 3 days for 2 "premiere neige" pass in Chamonix/ Mont Blanc

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
TOOOO excited about going to St Gervais in 12 days time for 8 days of snowboarding early season 16th Dec- 23rd Dec. Snow looks to be good. We are 4 intermediate boarders, 1 of us loves the snow parks the rest of us love powder & the views and sitting down and saying how beautiful it is. We have a car so we cant travel around. most look to be "partly open" by then

The nice problem to have is how to spend the time! Within very range seems to be:

Megeve/St Gervais/Mont blanc
Les Contamines
Les Houches
Chamonix

We were thinking of doing a few 1 day passes to start with then the last 4 days St Gervais/Megeve on our doorstep as it were.
There is a 3 days for 2 "premiere neige" deal E109 for 3 days @ Chamonix/Mont Blanc Unlimited

it says this covers ...
Brevent-Flegere area
Grands Montets area
Balme Tour Vallorcine area
Aiguille du Midi
Montenvers Mer de Glace train
Tramway du Mont-Blanc
Les Houches area
Courmayeur area
but NOT verbier I dont think Verbier area (6 days pass only)

Any recommendations for 3 days using this pass please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sell it on eBay?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brevent Flegere probably has the best views - you look across the valley and have the Mt Blanc massif laid out in front of you - and is south facing, so that would be best suited to sitting down and enjoying the views
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeah, I always think the best view in chamonix is from the cafe at the top of brevent, much better than the top of the midi.

unfortunatly they wont be any snowpark when you get here Sad maybe a couple of tiny green kickers and box but cmb never bother to build anything until jan Sad

brevent normally has better terrain early season as it takes a while for things to fill in up gm, but saying that the weekend was good fun. Just need to ride past and look at things before you jump off em!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Currentley contamine is only partially open at weekends starting this weekend and does not open fully untill 20th dec.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
much the same applies to St Gervais and Megeve - need to look at the websites day by day; they might open a small sector early (they did in Megeve last year, in the week before full opening, though there was a lot more snow then than there looks like being this year).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I don't believe that Compagnie du mont Blanc intend opening anything other than the Grands Montets before the 21st...
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the comments. I think I had assumed that most places would be open, but seems like my first priority will be finding the places that are open rather than being choosy?!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ninthtoe, I am wrong.

Per CMB website: Brevent-Flegere and La Balme due for partial opening at least Dec 14. Les Houches not till 21st...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
I don't believe that Compagnie du mont Blanc intend opening anything other than the Grands Montets before the 21st...

er no,
It was a lovely suprise for CMB to actually open GM early.
but straight of their website it says:
Ouverture partielle et selon conditions enneigement :

Grands Montets : 30 novembre 2103
Brévent-Flégère : 14 décembre 2013
Balme le 14 décembre 2013
Les Houches le 7 décembre 2013

As for the question of the poster. I wouldn't rush up to Cham Valley, especially as a snowboarder. But some of the points made have been valid. Brevent has superb views of the massif. Le Tour is great for beginners/intermediates, but its not a very big area. Les H is nice for a day and would be closest to St. Gervais. GM is more hardcore, but does have reds. Aiguille du Midi won't be open till 20th and is more hardcore again. I.e either hire a guide or practise crevasse rescue.

Does Megeve still have the DC Park. If you want good parks go to Avoriaz for the Stash, but in early Dec it may not be open.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
just read this:
http://www.chamonet.com/events/news/grands-montets-ski-area-opens-fully-for-the-season-on-saturday.html
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
OliC, you might want to read the thread before posting Happy ...I had corrected my own out of date information (and made the same point you did) more than 3 hours earlier... rolling eyes

I think that announcement only happened earlier this week as we were bitching on Sunday about CMB not opening while we were enjoying Monterosa's finest powder (they more or less fully opened on Saturday 30th)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy