Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Hire in "AUSTRIA"

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend the best car hire companies for Austria.

Flying into Salzburg (Schladming) in Jan for a week.

Looked at Atlas Choice, BuchBinder.

Any good recommendations and codes?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try AutoEurope - usually the cheapest offer that they come up with is from Buchbinder or MegaDrive (same company) which you can then compare with what the Buchbinder site has. Same procedure for Europcar, Avis etc. Europcar had some excellent deals this summer. Remember to cost in items such as winter tyres, road toll vignette (which should be included in the price as they are mandatory, but which sometimes only appear as 'extras').

All of the car hire desks are located on the ground floor of the multi-storey car park at Salzburg airport (opposite the terminal) and the cars are parked in the basement.

Do you actually need a car in Schladming? A taxi transfer would probably be around the same price and you're free from the trouble of trying to drive and navigate an unfamiliar car along snow-covered mountain roads.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or train? Only hour and a half, and it's direct too. I guess there's a bus from airport terminal to the station? Depends where hotel is, and whether you want a car to get around different areas on the same ticket.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Car is a good bet for Schladming, you can get to other areas on the same lift pass, like Zauchensee, Altenmarkt, Flachau etc. The roads are fine, they are low lying and get cleared very fast after snow, and any car will have snow tyres anyway.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Try www.carrentals.co.uk

Search engine then you click on which rental company you chose.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Carhire3000 are excellent. Used them in uk and Munich.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fraser13j, they are all OK there. Sometimes use moneysupermarket to find the cheapest.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm not sure Buchbinder is at the airport itself. I think they meet you there and take you to the car (but this may have been for mini-busses!)
Have a look at http://www.salzburg-airport.com/en/passengers-visitors/arrival-parking/car-rentals/ to make sure tha tthe company is based in the airport.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flangesax, Buchbinder is at the airport
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We used Hertz when we stayed at flangesax's. They were the cheapest at the time as we were travelling out on Easter Sunday as most of the other charged an out of hours charge even though they were all open! Hertz didn't charge this.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just returned from a trip today to Schladming. Flew into Linz with Ryanair for £84 for 2 of us return, always cheaper than Salzburg, 2 hour drive). normally I use auto europe for car hire but this time got best deal with Hertz direct, in fact by ringing up and mentioning I may pay with Amex got a decent discount bring down price for 4 days to £64. The salespeeps on the phones are keen to undercut their own website as I guess they get commission. I originally rung up to ask about price of child seat, was told €30 paid locally but they never asked for a cent locally. Piste in great condition already!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx, I thought so... I think it is the mini-bus thing!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fraser13j,

As mentioned, carrentals.co.uk search for low cost cars but I've often found cheaper at : http://www.economycarrentals.com Little Angel
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
waynos, That is some seriously cheap flights you got there! I managed to get £65 return to Salzburg so not too bad! quinton, AutoEurope offered some seriosuly good prices compared to the rest. Inc Winter tyres and a free add driver. Thanks very much.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm in the process of searching/booking a week's car hire from SZG in January.

Best deal (found via Travelsupermarket comparison results) is looking like Auto Europe as - unlike most others - winter tyres are included in the basic rental price. And the price is very good to start with Smile .
snow report
winter tyres are mandatory for rentals in Austria - so should always be included in the price.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy