Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Discount Ski Hire Codes for "AUSTRIA"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to book skis for a holiday in January to Schladming.

Anyone got any codes for Austria? Most good codes only work for France!

At the moment I am using "Snowball/news101" for Alpinresorts.com

Is there anything better going at all?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most the ski hire places are pretty competetive anyway.
Intersport do free gear for kids and most Sport 2000 shops have pretty low prices anyhow.
I do know that the shops get very little (if any) revenue from online reservations through a broker (which is often reflected in the type of ski that 'gold' really becomes when you are in the shop).
So my advice; don't panic!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Try snowbrainer.com discount code for Austria is snow10.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks flangesax, does that mean they give you pretty low grade skis if you book through the reservation websites like Alpin?

Skis and Boots for £77 is not bad (7days)...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have noticed no difference in what we get vs others who had hired through the To for more than twice the price.

Saying that we never go for top of the range ones anyway, and only hire skis.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fraser13j, yeah.. you will normally get a mid to low range and then be offered an upgrade to something better (no matter what you have booked!).. that way the shop actually get some money.

IMO Skis and boots for £77 for 7 days should be the pretty basic ones!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fraser13j, NickyJ, I have used Alpinresorts the past three ski trips and always got what I ordered and never felt like I was served up a substandard ski to what I ordered. I have never then been offered an upgrade for a fee. I would recommend them as their on-line service is excellent and prices very competitive.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jirac18 wrote:
Fraser13j, NickyJ, I have used Alpinresorts the past three ski trips and always got what I ordered and never felt like I was served up a substandard ski to what I ordered. I have never then been offered an upgrade for a fee. I would recommend them as their on-line service is excellent and prices very competitive.

Snap - the only thing they have attempted to flog me is the insurance never an upgrade.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I'm just going with what i've witnessed or been told by the shop. Of course this could be incredibly localised.
I had a quick look and I know that the shop I looked up do not even stock the skis that you can rent.
They also offer 'model change' as part of the rental.. insurance is €2 a day with no excess rather than a 2-3% excess.

I'd love to know the actual genuine success rate of seeing a ski type and model on a broker's website and then receiving that at any rental shop..... rather than 'these are just like them'.

Also, i'm really not trying to bash the online service. It is cheap, efficient and guaranteed.... it's just I see the independent(franchised) shop owners roll their eyes and smile sweetly everytime there is an online booking.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flangesax wrote:
.... it's just I see the independent(franchised) shop owners roll their eyes and smile sweetly everytime there is an online booking.

flangesax is right - In my experience, online bookings through brokers gets you a ( perfectly acceptable ) standard booking. A personal trip to a hire shop gets you an entirely different experience. I'm talking about advice, guidance, time, effort, and flexibility from the guys in the shop - they do all of this because they're getting paid for it, whereas with a broker, there are no margins. Also, comparing responses to breakages is interesting - the only time i used a broker, it cost me a significant amount of money to fix an 'insured' ski, whereas every other time, breakages have just been 'swapped'.....
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timberwolf, so true. With regards to insurance, we always recommend our guests to take the shops insurance at €2 per day. Any lost/stolen/broken stuff is replaced - no questions asked. One of our guests didnt take the shops insurance because he had his own. He lost a ski never to be found again until spring. He had to pay up for the skis - €400. His UK insurance wanted police reports and excess paid and then he could claim the €400 back. Needless to say - that was a €400 lesson learnt. A different guest took the wrong skis back - ski id error at a cafe, he also had to pay as he didnt have the correct insurance. My top tip - pay the €2 per day. Errors happen - especially id errors at cafes!

Ange
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just to confirm that the Intersport code 'SKIPODCAST' works for Austria for 2024 as well. You get a guaranteed discount, or you just go direct by taking this link (no need to put in the code).

Declaration of Interest: The Ski Podcast will earn commission if you book, which will enable me to keep producing episodes!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy