Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going to Seattle

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK, I'm off to Seattle in a couple of weeks for a business trip, and I'm thinking of sneaking in a day or so of snow at the end of the week. It may even just be one day. So where's the closest place to Seattle for a short blast. I'm a six week skier, so almost anything would be great.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
michael stocking, You could drive to Whistler about 3 and half hours away. Or there is always Vancouver itself and hour and half away with Grouse mountain limited and not sure if open. Whsitler has had fab start to season
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38970&highlight=seattle+drive

driving times to local hills here. i think any of them would be better than Grouse

edit - that thread is useful for about 3 posts then rapidly declines Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. Whistler may be too far if there's good snow closer. Good to see that TGR threads go haywire same as ours...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Crossing the border from the US to Canada may not be a great idea if time is a big issue, those who I have met who did it complained a bit about the time it took now.....but that may just be because they used to drive more or less straight through and there is more to it now
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
michael stocking, post on Epic... www.epicski.com - there are a few people from that area on there - you might even get someone to show you around!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Crystal Mountain (www.skicrystal.com) is the closest large resort to Seattle. It is 2 to 3 hours from Seattle depending on weather and where you are located in the massive Greater Seattle area. It has a great variety of terrain so you should find something to your liking and level. This is the area I'd recommend the most if you have the time.

Mt. Baker (www.mtbaker.us) is 3 to 4 hours from Seattle. It is renowned for its legendary snowfalls. If you are looking for powder it is the place to head. The downsides to Baker are its reputation for limited visibility and it heavier powder. You'll definitely need some fatter skis if you go there.

There are a couple other smaller areas to the east of Seattle worth looking into. Stevens Pass (www.stevenspass.com) has some challenging terrain & generally good snow. It has the best night skiing in Washington. Snoqualmie Pass (www.summit-at-snoqualmie.com) is the quickest to get to from Seattle for a couple hours skiing or some night skiing. The Alpental section at Snoqualmie has some of the steepest terrain you'll find anywhere.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you want the best then Baker but the other places are all popular. Looks like more snow than last year too!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Not sure if I'll make it now. I'm going on Monday, but have to be back in London pretty soon after business ends. Unless I could get some night skiing in...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
michael stocking wrote:
Not sure if I'll make it now. I'm going on Monday, but have to be back in London pretty soon after business ends. Unless I could get some night skiing in...

Night skiing is a good option in the Seattle area. Snoqualmie is close enough to warrant going for just a few hours. Stevens Pass is a bit further but has more terrain open at night and usually better snow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy