Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondering about where to go this Feb. Very into groomed blacks and long runs. Quite high/good amount of snow. Just wondering where is best/cheap in Andorra as I've never been and have been to most other eu ski countries to ski (Italy, France, Austria, Switzerland etc)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grandvalira is the biggest area that will keep you amused for longer. However, there isn't a huge number of black runs or long runs. The vertical drop isn't huge either.

We enjoyed it when we went there, but not sure it's an area for you if you really love steeps.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What's the off piste like? Are there many large jumps too?

Thanks for the info, what kind of a skier are you hammerite, ?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pi, you will find the black runs in Andorra to be of about the same difficulty as a difficult blue in most French resorts. So the groomed blacks you seek might be a look like groomed blues and reds everywhere else.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mistress Panda, that doesn't sound too great in honesty sadly:( perhaps I'll give Andorra a miss then.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Pi, I live in Andorra, there is good off piste to be had, it is not la grave, but still plenty of steep pitches to be played with, the best is probably arcalis in the vallnord area. But Grandvalira has a few things to offer as well.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you want steep blacks then try the Sella Ronda in Italy. They put the bl**dy piste machine down everything Mad If you like steep and icy blacks then try The Three Valleys; they get scraped to the rock in no time at all !!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
airbornebadger, hi badger, I have had a look at some footage of Andorra and it looks like blue runs all over really, and there are alarming amounts of grass showing through the snow. What kind if skiing do you do there (personally)?

jellylegs, I do like the sound of that. As long as there aren't mougles then I'm happy. 3 valleys is meant to be extortionate I thought???
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Andorra is ok but please take into account there is 4-5 hour coach tranfer to the resorts. That does not enthuse some folk.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Andorra isnt the only place in the Pyrenees... Further West where we live (Bareges - hautes Pyrenees), there are plenty of real balck runs, off piste from 2877m and very reasonable prices... I am biassed as I run a cahlet here, but I am actually selling up and still reccomend it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pi, I've only been skiing 5 years with a couple of week long trips every year. I skied Grandvalira on my 3rd trip away and covered pretty much every run open. Did a tiny amount of off piste - well off the side of the piste with our instructor, which was fun for me. I found some challenging skiing, but as I say I was very inexperienced, I'd probably find it completely different now.

That said we had a really good time.

I wouldn't worry too much about grass patches showing through, we went in April and there was still plenty of coverage all over. From what I've seen they've had a fair whack of snow already.

Our transfer was about 3.5 hours from Toulouse, it was no bother, early flight meant a nice snooze on the coach, waking up for the last hour or so through the mountains. The coach will usually stop for a pee/drink/food break.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello hammerite,firstly thanks and secondly.. ah right well I'm around that. Would enjoy off piste but you seem to have enjoyed it so I will start looking around there. The Pyrenees are really appealing. Just torn about where now.

Yeh, I had a late April ski holiday in zell last year and the grass patches usually meant sludge and crud which was awful and unenjoyable.

I'm not a fan of long coach journeys really, however if there are skis within the luggage I can bear it I'm sure.

Thanks ever so much for the insight once again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy