Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kidney Belts / Back protector

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some sort of kidney protection for when I'm skiing. I just discovered I have PKD and although the doctor is signing off on my ski trip, I think I'm a little afraid to ski without some kind of protection (just in case the worst happens!). So I figured I'd be prudent and get a kidney belt or even some sort of complete back protection.

I've had a look online but I'm not sure if any of them are any good. Are there others on the forum who have PKD and still ski? What is better having a kidney belt (which is certain to protect my kidneys) or a back protector (which looks to mainly protect the spine)?

I know that any protection I wear is better than nothing but it's always good to have extra advice/recommendations. I should also prob mention that I'm a girl Smile

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 2-12-13 19:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
For horseriders we have airjackets, which amongst other things are designed to protect the kidneys http://www.point-two.co.uk/index.php/safety, they are well regarded in the horse world, do they do the same for skiing or could you contact the manufacturer to see if they could be used for skiing. They have to be fitted and I find them comfortable to use when jumping on a horse, which does require me to fold forward from the hips, not just sit.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy