Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sick Day 95 - correct length

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pretty sure I'm gonna go with Sick Day 95s as my single ski quiver - demo'd and found them much more poppy and fun than the Salomon S98's. Not had a chance to try the Soul 7's and know these are well thought of but Rossi site does rate them 80/20 powder/piste which is probable too powder biased for me - even though I'd love to spend 80% of my time in the pow!! Very Happy

Skiing is mostly Europe, prob 3 weeks a year ish. They'll be fitted with Salomon Guardians as I will do the odd 1/2hr to hour hike and I'll certainly be hunting out the backcountry stuff wherever possible, but being totally honest, they'll prob spend about 60% of the time on piste.

Does anyone have any thoughts on length - I'm 182cm and 75kg, pretty strong skier? Currently thinking 179cm over the 186cm cos I'm not exactly a chunky chap wink
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You want the 186s.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Based on...? I'm not that tall or that heavy so curious as to why I should go for the longest ski in the range?

Cheers Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dashed wrote:
Based on...? I'm not that tall or that heavy so curious as to why I should go for the longest ski in the range?

Cheers Smile

Because of the eary rise. I am similar stats to you and have the older Prophet 100 in a 186 without early rise. The best thing you can do is demo both sizes.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also, think about whether you intend to do a lot of tree skiing, a slightly shorter ski may be easier for quick, short turns on that terrain.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm 173cm but a little heavier, and I'd go with the 179. I've got Majesty Superior in 178 and Movement Jam ER in 173. I tried both those in their longer sizes and preferred the agility of the sizes I've chosen, yet didn't feel they were any less stable
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Line's website has a guide to size choice -http://lineskis.com/skis/sick-day-95

I thought about these for similar mix of skiing to yours, but in the end opted for soul 7s. i demoed both (and others), and found the Soul 7s easy and predictable for piste skiing, and surprising quick edge to edge. I did not get on with the Sick Day's but that probably reflects my rather old-fashioned style of skiing, which tends to find some modern skis (including these) hooky at lower speeds. I think the Sick Days would be better at very high piste speeds, but I often ski slower with intermediate friends and partner, and have grown out of wanting to ski as fast as possible. As always, these things come down to personal choice.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Peterkct wrote:
Line's website has a guide to size choice -http://lineskis.com/skis/sick-day-95

That's assuming some VERY skinny skiers.. 6feet tall and only 73Kg? I'm almost 80Kg but 5'8" which puts me anywhere between 164+ and 180+ so in other words, any of them.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had to google 182cm Embarassed

So you're nearly 6' in proper money and the ski has an early rise. I'd go 186
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good skier/6 foot, got to be 186cm. Especially with some early rise in the tip and tail.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As above 186 easy.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dashed wrote:

Cheers Smile

'Cos I'm 178cm (I think; 5 foot 9?), now around 73kg and most of my skis range from 185 - 194cms. I do have a pair of 176 and 170cm skis too, but I don't really ski them anymore (admittedly mainly 'cos they are old, but I'd never go back to anything below mid-180 for anything other than a slalom ski).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks all...

Peterkct - also looking at the Soul 7's. Need to ski them but very tempted Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy