Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best time to book for April 2015

Poster: A snowHead
For various reasons I will next be able to go skiing w/c 11 April 2015. Now there may not be an absolute answer to this but all replies gratefully received. So the question is when to book? As a for instance, Crystal have the Sportif in Obergurgl on offer now at around £900 a head but no discount for children (Party will be two adults + two children -if we can fit into one room that's ok.) I'm not wedded to Obergurgl but it would be safest to go high at that time of year. Are there deals to be had immediately after the 2013/14 season ends or do you wait until start April 2015 and hope for the best? Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am going Apr 2014, and I booked that Jan 2013. I spotted a deal which I thought was very good so went for it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
muddewater, in France that'll be low season. I'd book about the beginning of April 2015. wink There are plenty of places which should be fine for skiing in mid-April, unless the end of the season is particularly bad.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
muddewater, if you're asking this far in advance you're obviously one of natures 'planners' so book now, get it inked into the diary, and then you won't have to worry
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
muddewater, in France that'll be low season. I'd book about the beginning of April 2015. wink There are plenty of places which should be fine for skiing in mid-April, unless the end of the season is particularly bad.

Except that is the second week of Easter school Hols for 2015, so Uk TOs will ramp that week up. That was why I booked so early, I spotted a school holiday week for low season prices (when the TO twigged there brochure price jumped another £1000 for what we booked).
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Uk TOs will ramp that week up

yes, I suppose they will - all the more reason not to bother with them. French accommodation will be cheap.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, yep, but given OP was referring to Crystal, I assumed that was what they were after.

You may well still get last minute deals, as Pam points out unless you are using a UK TO it is considered low season to every one else. I personally am fussy so when I saw something I liked that I was happy with the price, I booked it, Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Except that is the second week of Easter school Hols for 2015

Not for all Northants schools, they are back to school on 13th April (op referred to w/c 11 April), while half terms are sometimes different I think most school are having teh same 2-weeks for Easter, week either side of Easter which is on Sunday 5th April. May be wrong and it's just Northants which would eb great as will be even quieter when we go

Long term plan - but we intend to go on Sat 28th March and will book as late as we can via DIY route
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
http://www3.hants.gov.uk/education/schools/schoolholidays

According to above link last day of Easter hols is fri 17th april
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boris - Surrey appears to have the same Easter hols as you in 2015 snowHead I'm afraid it won't be that quiet Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NickyJ, snowymum, So w/ce 11/4 may or may not be 2nd week of holidays depending on where you live then. I'll assume that for muddewater, it must be holiday time as you're not allowed to take them in term time Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I'm afraid it won't be that quiet

Depends where you go. If you avoid the big Brit resorts Easter is pretty quiet in the French Alps, as the locals have all turned to mountain biking etc by then. That's why it's dead low prices for accommodation - same as mid-January.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Boris wrote:
NickyJ, snowymum, So w/ce 11/4 may or may not be 2nd week of holidays depending on where you live then. I'll assume that for muddewater, it must be holiday time as you're not allowed to take them in term time Toofy Grin

If some schools aren't on Hols that week, it could be a good week with any TOs who don't realise, Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Even the big resorts aren't exactly busy over Easter - this is Easter day in 2009 just above Arc 1600

snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
We went in the Easter Holidays in April this year to La Plagne and most of the time there were no queues at all, or at most about 30 seconds. Lovely and quiet! Snow was great, even had a few days with fresh dumps snowHead

We booked that in February this year.. there were a few special "deals" of some kind involving a discount but I don't think it was life-changing. Certainly there was availability for everything we wanted including childcare.
ski holidays
We've never had to queue for long in the last 4 Easters we've been away. Busiest was when we went to Les Arcs, but there was pretty much no skiing below 2,000m as it had been a warm spring and everyone was packing up high. I think it would have been very quiet had the whole area been open.
ski holidays
Boris, Looks very busy to me - two people in the picture. To be really quiet there will be noone. Mind you empty slopes also equates to empty apres ski
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy