Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying ski boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am considering buying ski boots. I read somewhere that it is quite likely that new boots will need adjusting. Is it much better to get them in the resort? How do prices compare between austrian in resort retailers and uk suppliers such as snow and rock? I also have a swollen right leg which gets more swollen as the day progresses. I think this causes me to have boot problems as a couple of times in the last few years I have had too small boots and ended up with a black toe!

Any suggestions for boots? Was looking at the ones made to measure your feet. Am intermediate and can get down all but the toughest runs.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some will say it's better to buy in resort as you can ski them properly and get them tweaked while you're there.

Others will say it's better to find a good bootfitter near home so you can visit them whenever you like.

I'm in the latter camp.

Price wise, I'm not sure how it compares, but generally I find kit is more expensive in resort.

I wouldn't bother with full on custom, made-to-measure boots (the likes of Daleboot or Strolz ) unless you have real problem feet. You'd be surprised how much can be done with a pair of standard boots, whether it's modifying the shell or just some custom orthotic insoles.

Recommendations for bootfitters will likely come thick and fast now. Personally, I've had orthotics fitted by CEM, aka Colin at Solutions4feet in Bicester and would not hesitate in recommending him, but that's not to say others are bad.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy