Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmets: Smith Vs Giro Fit System

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need to replace my helmet. I tried on the Smith Variant in the past and it seemed to fit me well .... they discontinued this model this season but there are still plenty on offer on the internet, most of those are the brimmed version which I am less keen on as I sometimes like to put my goggles up there and the brim seems to be in the way . Alternatively I also consider a Giro helmet such as the Giro Montane. I use a Giro bike helmet and it has a very good fit adjustment mechanism (wheel). Do they offer the same mechanism for their ski helmets? If anyone has experience with both companies pls share. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I found that I fit the Smith Variant Brim well but did not fit the Giro helmets I have tried on (I think the last one I tried was the Surface). Both were sized correctly, it was more an issue of last shape.

With the variant brim, I found that the brim does not compromise putting the goggles up. Indeed, once up they actually stay there very well. Rather, the issue is that dragging the goggles over the brim will over time trash the foam on the goggles. This isn't a major issue if you are careful and I have just bought a new Variant Brim as I didn't feel like paying the newness premium for the Variance.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Both nice helmets..... I'd have this if I had the money this season

http://www.rxsport.co.uk/products/POC-Receptor-Backcountry-MIPS-Ski-Helmet-%252d-White.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&gclid=CP3mw8iIirsCFRIPtAodJEsArQ

I currently have a sweet protection trooper helmet, which I'm having issues with as the paint is coming off the visor :/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy