Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Clothes London city

Poster: A snowHead
Hi Snowheads

One off our friends (first time skier) in London city til mid of december needs to look at som ski clothes, base- and midtlayer, sokks and gloves/mittens.

She is easy cold and quite small.

Could you help with a fysical shop in London city or good shop near, preferable with HESTRA tree finger? Puzzled

(name and location)

Thanks for your help in advance. snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ellis bingham at new change, or snow and rock at monument. If not tube to covent garden
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tube out to Canada Water/Surrey Quays- big Decathlon right there good for most basics (though not high end brands like Hestra IIRC)
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is there a lidl in London? Ski gear in there from today. Base layers are good and others on here have praise for outerwear, google, glasses etc
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Biggest Hestra collection I have seen in London - Ski 47. Fulham Road, Parsons Green Tube

http://www.47degrees.com

Also can special order Hestra, have done for me.
Biggest UK Hestra dealer is Edge and Wax though I think : http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Richard_Sideways, fatbob, NE1, mishmash,

Thank you very much for your promt help, your info is sent back to London, and I think she will start looking at the shops this week-end.

snowHead too
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Head for Covent Garden, there is an Ellis Brigham, Snow and Rock,North Face, and two or three other cheaper stores
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Further West there is also Kensington High Street, which also has EB, SnR plus a Columbia store and one or two others all within the same 50m stretch. Exit the tube station, turn right and cross the road.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes but if Hestra is important, head for Ski 47. Of the others, Snow & Rock Covent Garden the best. And Ski 47 also good for Norrona.

No connection, just local and I love, I mean love, to shop ski kit!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks Snowheads

I will conway the messages. I think that is a good start for a first time skier. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
LIDL and ALDI all over London. Their stuff is okay, worth it for socks and other accessories if you dan't like cheap jackets.

LIDL snowboots were pretty good for the price.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
There is a TKMaxx near Monument now as well. Some cheap stuff in there.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
halfhand, Hyst, for High Street Kensington you need to turn left out if the station, not right! Otherwise they'll end up at the Royal Albert Hall looking for ski gear!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
edde, Good point - it's on Gracechurch St. but don't know if they carry skiwear. Know they don't do childrens stuff...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's a little ski stuff in TK Maxx on Charing Cross Road. They did have decent small ladies' gloves last weekend.
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
edde, Good point - it's on Gracechurch St. but don't know if they carry skiwear. Know they don't do childrens stuff...

I was in there on Wed. They had plenty of jackets, didn't see any trousers, some gloves but not a huge selection. It's a few mins walk from the office so I pop in there every now and then to see if there is anything decent.
snow conditions
Whitters, Of course . I was thinking left but typed right and then didn't check before I hit submit - sorry Embarassed
ski holidays
Ok ok, snowheads, she is going to drive from Copenhagen til Tignes in my car, so I do not hope she buys in all the shop you sugguest? It's just a Skoda Embarassed . Toofy Grin

By now she follows this thread herself. wink
latest report
Hyst, That's a dodgy Sat Nav if it's routing through London to get to Tignes wink Laughing
latest report
halfhand, Woman come to me Toofy Grin , I am the only man in that car. Sad 3 ladies and me!

PS.: But good idea, may be I should pick my sister up on the way in Chorley Wood. May have to leave a bit earlier. wink

But try to have 4 females and their luggage in the car, would be a nightmare. Laughing
snow report
There are two TkMaxx's around the Gracechurch/Bishopsgate area. One is on Gracechurch street between Monument station and Leadenhall market. The other is opposite the Gherkin (don't know the name of the road, but it is the one parallel to Bishopsgate).

Both TkMaxx's have ski gear in (jackets, salopettes, gloves, etc), I checked earlier this week... however they don't have any men's Orange Salopettes in a Large!! Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy