Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which resort (driveable from Geneva) will have the most open by 1st December?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and Grimsby Ranger (plus 5 mates) have flights booked to Geneva on 1st December for our annual boys weekend on the slopes. Our destination was to have been Tignes (which was great this time last year). However following PG's traumatic photos and updates Shocked , we are now having a re-think!!

The question is where (within a 4 hour drive from Geneva) will have the most skiing available? and can any Snowheads recommend any accomodation for 7 (not too bothered about the standard, but need a good location near the lifts)

Thanks in advance for your help.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SteveKirby, My guess unless there's a significant change in the weather (and there is some forecast for next weekend) is probably Zermatt. 3 hours by car from GVA including a change onto the cumpolsory train at Tasch. There's a lot on the glacier, you can also get over to Cervinia and it's a lovely place. I'm out there next weekend.

You won't have a problems getting accommodation that week.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Steve Sparks, SteveKirby, I've never tried Zermatt, if we went to Cervinia io anche practico parlo Italiano (don't mind anyone who is fluent correcting my feeble effort)

Seriously though all suggestions will be greatly appreciated, we're also thinking about Saas Fee, what are everyones thoughts on that?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thinking of taking my better half away for first weekend dec, again any good ideas please
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
shorty, see what happends this weekend with the snow.We could see a dramatic change of conditions. Whatever happens I would recommend going high.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How much snow does it actually need to fall to open up the links from Tignes to Val? and how long does it take to bash it? Puzzled
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SteveKirby, if it's anything like La Rosiere, which is also high and rocky, then at least 40 cms before the lift company will even run a piste basher.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It going to be a tense few days for us guys with flights booked!!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SteveKirby,
recent data below. Austria is not really an ption from Geneva. Between Zermatt and Cervinia, C is mainly south facing and Z north facing. C is easy skiing, Z more challenging.
Go to Z.

AUSTRIA
Hintertux - 100cm Kaprun - 84cm Kaunertal - 50cm Neustift - 70cm Obergurgl - 5/50cm Pitztal - 55cm Solden - 115cm

SWITZERLAND
Saas Fee - 78cm Zermatt - 70cm

FRANCE
Tignes - 30cm
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks offpiste. According to Autoroute St Anton is 240 miles from Geneva, so if the conditions were exceptionally good (in comparison to the nearer resorts) might still be worth a go? Anyone know what its like in the Arlberg at the moment? It looks great on the webcams today!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I cannot advice you to go to Les2Alpes if you want a fairly large amount of pistes/lifts open. I have skied several times in L2A before Christmas and even though there was a lot of snow they only opened some of the main lifts and pistes which is really narrowing down your choice of tracks. However, some of the upper pistes (jandri) are very nice to cruise at and they are almost always open.

By the time that i'm writing this, i suddenly realise that it is quite distinct from Geneva, so maybe not very useful info for you;-)

ciao
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
"Passo Tonale (0/140cm) continues to have hard packed pistes but it is going to see a dramatic improvement with snow falling for most of the week"

Unfortunately it is the wrong side of Italy for you.....
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy