Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski service in Serre Che recommendations. HellsBells?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are off to Serre Che , Villeneuve arriving around 3pm sat 21st December for Xmas week. Skis need bases sorting out and was hoping to drop them off somewhere local when we arrive and collect on the sunday morning, if thats not too ambitious. We are staying at the Pierre et Vacances L'Alpaga apartments. Wondering if there is a ski shop that is recommended by someone in the know...ie Hells Bells I believe. Thank you Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LizzieB, there's a couple of shops as you turn right out of the Alpaga, heading towards Le Bez, and some in the Pré Long shopping centre to the left. I haven't used any of them for such a long time that I couldn't say how bad or good they or.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LizzieB, Here you go hope this link works Twinner / Riquet Sports are good at turning around kit some of my mates have used them
https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=44.945099,6.564318&spn=0.000497,0.002642&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=44.94513,6.563721&panoid=_IMr-gI_r9jJoBYPluQq2Q&cbp=12,252.3,,0,0

plus here (shop below good for x-country gear rentals) and above good for skis etc
https://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=44.946419,6.558454&spn=0.000497,0.002642&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=44.94623,6.558744&panoid=TaDCsXiQSAfPtKYkpui2yg&cbp=12,346.53,,0,-4.37

PS any of your group interested in some ski kit to buy - I have the following
K2 Mount Bakers 177 mounted with Dynafit touring bindings & skins
Scott Missions mounted with Barons and skins 177

Should have brought them back with me to sell on here / ebay but I left them out there Confused

We hang out at Mojos in the old town most nights run by Mel & Tim two mins up the road from Riquet Sports - or if you see a couple walking around the place with three Jack Russel's that's us Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Weathercam, Hells Bells, Finally got back on to forum, been to Speed awareness course AND this evening Ski fit class!
Great stuff, thank you for the links. I can't help ref. skis to buy cos both sons have NO MONEY and I am not treating them for Xmas! Me and OH are all set up ski wise.

We will look out for you and doggies at Mel and Kims, (Tay Tay Tay Tay! ) and we will say hello. Really looking forward to it now, 3 weeks to go tomorrow, through tunnel.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LizzieB, we will be at the Tunnel three weeks tomorrow too.

Weathercam, might have considered the Missions (J has one old pair already ) for son if they had normal bindings.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hells Bells, the bindings are in effect "normal" just that they have a touring option as well - the Marker Dukes and Barons were designed to give skiers a binding that would let them tour as and when, but are not classed as full on touring bindings, too heavy due to their similarity in construction to ordinary bindings etc.

Anyway if he wants to give them a try (and the skins and hike up before breakfast) no big deal as hopefully I won't be needing to use them, that's of course if my replacement skis show up rolling eyes

Note careful way of grooming a prospective potential ski tourer Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weathercam, Laughing Laughing . OK , as you can see I am no expert on bindings. It will save me having to buy him a liftpass wink. I'll talk to J about it, and see what he says, how much were you wanting for them? J can also use them when they aren't here if he is ever mad enough to go touring.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hells Bells, wait till you get out and we'll have a chat then, price all depends on if the skins are needed as well, as they are nigh on brand new and will not fit my new skis Sad

But you guys can try them out anyway, from the sounds of things might be able to "groom" J as well Twisted Evil
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Weathercam, just don't get me involved.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy