Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 Valleys prices?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Thinking of heading to 3 valleys but a bit concerned at prices, am I likely to be able to get snack lunches eg hot dog or burger and a drink for under€10 and a beer or two before dinner for €5?

If Val D'Isere can do this is there similar in Courchevel or Val Thorens?

Puzzled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry about the size Embarassed
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The short answer is yes. Head over to 1650 (The Bubble bar is good for a cheap lunch - they do hot dogs etc.) or La Tania. Even in 1850 there is a sandwich shop in the Forum shopping centre (next to the supermarket on the middle level)that sells reasonably priced baguettes.

Obviously don't go to the restaurants on the snow front.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
and don't drink jus till after 10; beer's cheaper. wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:

Hahaha, brilliant. Was thinking the same thing..!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
[quote="J9"] Even in 1850 there is a sandwich shop in the Forum shopping centre (next to the supermarket on the middle level)that sells reasonably priced baguettes.

+1
try and get there before 12 to get a table, their pastries are super as well
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
J9 wrote:
The short answer is yes. Head over to 1650 (The Bubble bar is good for a cheap lunch - they do hot dogs etc.) or La Tania. Even in 1850 there is a sandwich shop in the Forum shopping centre (next to the supermarket on the middle level)that sells reasonably priced baguettes.

Obviously don't go to the restaurants on the snow front.

Thanks j9 those could be ideal, chalet In 1850 looks well located and wine with meals. They said the bar was €6 for a large beer last season, not looking to go on a session and a couple of euros extra a pint won't really hurt but guess have a built in sense of what I'd like to be paying.

Never thought I'd be viewing Val D'Isere and Tignes as the budget option that said lunch there was generally the bakery in the square at Val D'Isere and the sit outside/takeaway place just outside the car park at Val Claret Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mac22 wrote:
pam w wrote:

Hahaha, brilliant. Was thinking the same thing..!!

Great policy, encourages you home for an early night and up ready to ski the next day Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any reasonable bars and suggestions for dinner of the non Michelin starred variety on staff night out in Courchevel 1850?

Thanks for any info
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Refuge used to be fairly reasonable for a drink and they have some live music on some days during aprés. Also the Hotel Olympic had a small hotel bar with reasonable drink prices. This is 2 years ago though so things might have changed. For food nowhere is super-cheap for dinner but the best value is probably the Fromagerie, Refuge or there is a Pizza place is the Forum shopping centre. It is usually better to hop on the bus and go to the lower levels for a cheaper meal. The Escourchevel in Le Praz does burgers and pizzas, portions are huge and it is pretty reasonable.

Also for lunch there is a really cheap place in the middle of Mottaret, nothing fancy just chips and a hot dog but it's good value. I think there is also a pasta bar somewhere there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oldmike wrote:
Any reasonable bars and suggestions for dinner of the non Michelin starred variety on staff night out in Courchevel 1850?

Thanks for any info

We bought a sandwich from said sandwich bar and went and watched the ice hockey match 😄

I find 1650 (Moriond) a bit of a desert for lunch anyone got any good suggestions, we usually skip lunch on that day as I can never find anywhere except Bel Air and I haven't won the lottery.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
NE1, we've had cheap and substantial lunch in 1650 at Rockys, come out of escalator and it is across the road and slightly left. I think still run by Ski Olympic, they did toastie and chips, carbonara and a few other options for under 10 euros.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
NE1, Le Table de Marie in Courchevel 1650 is a great little French restaurant. It's located a few doors down from the Bubble bar. Good for lunches as well as evening service. Reasonably priced for good quality food but need to book in busy periods.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's so re-assuring to realise we can still get snacks for under 10 euros, despite the fact that we have to download and head into a back street miles from where you would rather be . . . . . rolling eyes

Not anti French but on the hill in Austria you will get change from the tenner for same snack and a large beer too!!! No downloading and served with a smile Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is a bakery next to Rockys as well run by the same people as the one in the Forum. Very nice sandwiches. Table de Marie is good as well or you can share a pizza at the Petit Savoyard.
ski holidays
L'ours Blanc on the piste front in 1650. L'arc en Ceil in 1650 - down the lane, skier's right of the piste front. Bouc Blanc at top of La Tania bubble is good value too. Snack bar at the back of Bel Air is ok if the sun is out. All the above standard enough prices for Courchevel - but I would budget €20 for lunch if you want anything worth sitting down for.
latest report
Mistress panda, we stayed there last Jan. It is indeed run by ski olympic and was a pleasant way to spend the evening.
snow report
eithnem wrote:
L'ours Blanc on the piste front in 1650. L'arc en Ceil in 1650 - down the lane, skier's right of the piste front. Bouc Blanc at top of La Tania bubble is good value too. Snack bar at the back of Bel Air is ok if the sun is out. All the above standard enough prices for Courchevel - but I would budget €20 for lunch if you want anything worth sitting down for.

Hi Thanks All, Eithnem really just after a deck chair or somewhere to perch while snack with a soft drink most days.
Maybe sit in for a pizza one day but nothing too filling most days, would sap what little energy I have to ski!
snow report
Yep, easily and also very easy to pay €10 for a coffee. As already mentioned, plenty of places in the Forum in 1850 centre for cheaper stuff. The Passage is good value and the food is also great, we always east there at least once.

On the mountain.

in 1650 the snack bar under the Bel Air restaurant is good.
in 1850 the Courcheneige does stella for €2.50 and really good value skiers lunch for €27 or there abouts.
latest report
oldmike, the pub ski lodge in la tania does some decent lunches - nice big burgers etc if you are that way at lunchtime
ski holidays
oldmike, forgot to mention the burger joint in Mottaret (in the collection of shops nestling behind the Cote Brun restaurant) and Val Burger in Val Thorens which is the first place in row of shops and eateries at the top of the moving carpet lift (think it's called the Castor Pollux?). Both do a selection of fast food and you can grab a drink and sit down outside/undercover.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy