Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intuition liners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I'm looking at getting new boots. Last time we were away we had a look at some Dalbellos and the guy in the shop was raving about the intuition liners. Went to take another look the other day in a shop back here and the guy didn't seem to think they were particularly special other than being warmer than normal liners. They're damn expensive so I was wondering if they're worth the extra money or if the normal Dalbello liner is perfectly sufficient.

I realise there's the whole fit issue but ignoring that for the moment, what are the genuine advantages of the intuition liner and would you be a fool to spend an already pretty significant chunk of money on Dalbello boots and not get the better liners?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would say if the shell is a good fit then intuition liners are a good investment. The shell of the boot doesn't really deteriorate over time and the intuition liners are warmer, mould better and pack out less over time. Also the wrap around liners give a nice fit on the shin and lower leg.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many Dalbellos come with an Intution liner Puzzled
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In the shop I was looking, they only had the Panterras, KR2 Pros and the cores. I think the Panterras are going to be too wide for my foot so I'm sort of discounting them for the moment, leaving the Pros and the Cores. One has an intuition liner, the other doesn't. One's expensive, the other's very expensive. That's why i'm asking.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 28-11-13 21:00; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd never go back to unmoldable liners. Right now I have Palau liners both in my alpine and tele boots.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought pretty much every liner was moldable to a reasonable extent?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What I ment with un moldable was not *heat*moldable (that can be molded in couple of minutes to the shape of my feet instead of them molding themselves to some extend over weeks and then they are relatively good for a few more weeks before they are packed out and have to be replaced.) Heat moldable = instant comfort, better fit, warmer, lasts longer.

I've had both Intuitions and Palaus, happy with both. Palaus significantly cheaper, at least here.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy