Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo - book now or wait?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Smile

I'm currently looking at going to Mayrhofen in the 2nd or 3rd week of January. The cost of the trip (flights, accommodation & transfers only) with a hotel that has the facilities I want (pool & sauna) is currently around £650 - £700.

As a solo traveller is it better to book somewhere now or wait a week or two before going to see if I can get it cheaper?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi

Singlesport has a trip to Courchevel on 18th Jan where we can offer a single or shared room & large number of ski buddies--hope that might appeal. Cheers Ruth
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want a single room, book as soon as possible. They are in high demand and usually sell out quickly.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
you can get a good deal if you leave it very late, if companies have double rooms available they may let you have them at no supplement, but we are talking about one week before you go, if you can find somewhere at the price range you mention, then i think that is a good deal for one person.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SoSnow, if you have found exactly what you want, then book it now. You can get good deals last minute but you need to be flexible about where you go and about the kind of accommodation. But on the plus side, you will know where the snow is. Right now it's anybody's guess what conditions will be like in mid January (which is a very good time to choose, by the way).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w wrote:
SoSnow, if you have found exactly what you want, then book it now. You can get good deals last minute but you need to be flexible about where you go and about the kind of accommodation. But on the plus side, you will know where the snow is. Right now it's anybody's guess what conditions will be like in mid January (which is a very good time to choose, by the way).

Agreeed - I spent a lot of time at the weekend looking for a place in Val Di'sere, as I counldn't book when mates booked due to work commitments. I was being quoted 385-400 for the single supplement alone...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for the advice/help!

The day after making this topic I tried to book one of the places I had been looking at. However it seems everything I had been looking at had been booked overnight!!! Sad

I've instead ended up spending an extra +£250 to get somewhere in the same location

Just glad I've got somewhere really Very Happy

... thanks again!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy