Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Insanity

Poster: A snowHead
The workout, has anyone done it?

I want to lose a bit of timber before I go skiing and thinking about doing it?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
j4meseaton, never heard of it but one of the ads, when I googled it, says "Your personal trainer Shaun T will push you past your limits". Sounds insane, OK. Fine if you want to create the kind of muscle problems which could ruin your holiday. If you want to lose weight just cut your calories and do some CV training and build in ski specific strength exercises. Build them up gradually and take rest days.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A snowhead recently posted a link to this excellent video with a very attractive footballer showing you some good idea of what to do.
http://youtube.com/v/xWBSf4BfKRk
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting that he starts by saying girls are 8 times more likely to suffer ACL injuries than boys. Didn't realise it was that much of a difference...

I like those exercises - thanks for the link
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
red 27, thank snowman, on the other thread. wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks snowman Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
So this is how things go viral? Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, watched it again!!
Blush
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Some role model for getting girls into sport!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some role model for getting girls into sport! Knocks the posed and touched up, made up and tarted up photos of "celebrity Welsh singers" into a cocked hat. wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
As we're all SnowHeads here, i'd like offer my opinion that the best 'fit' looking females on the planet snowHead , can be found on Cross Country skis. The males also display pretty well or so i'm informed.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
On a more serious note, i've had a few incidents with my lower back and other general stiffness over nearly 3 decades now. GP's have been generally not been interested at all, advising me to 'shuffle / push / crawl off' to private physio as there is a few weeks wait for any NHS treatment.
Anyway, IMO the above exercises and other 'back related' but similar simple routines, if done daily, will have a dramatic effect upon your well being, REALLY A DRAMATIC EFFECT! If i could shout any louder i would. The result is... less injury and a great feeling of well being without the Prozac! Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
j4meseaton, rather than the Insanity one I would highly recommend the P90x series. I lost 12lbs in four weeks with no bother at all and its quite good fun, short intensive workouts working the whole body focussed on the core.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IME (I'm by no means an expert on the subject) do something you enjoy.

Do you do anything currently fitness wise?

Weight loss is a simple equation as Pam says-put less calories in than you burn and you'll loose weight.

In reality for most of us it's quite difficult to do this around other commitments, lack of will power etc.

2lbs per week is classed as the max healthly rate of weight loss.

My wife has done the Insanity Workout which I had a little go at, if you stick to it I've no doubt it quite effective but jumping around in the livingroom while having a American shout 'FEEL THE BURN!' etc really starts to get on my nerves! If you work allot as I do it would be easy enough to take a laptop ect to do the workout.

Me I like to run, the only motivation I need is to stick my trainers on and step out the front door. I started a 12 week training programme which I'm 4 weeks into with the aim to get in shape for the coming season.

Increase fitness is my main aim but weight loss will come as a secondary side effect. I'd recommend My Fitness Pal to monitor what you're eating vs what you're burning it's very educational and surprising how many calories are in some things-but also that you can eat very well if you choose the right foods!

Building in rest days to any routine are essential. Tonight I really feel like I should be out pounding the pavement but it's a rest day in my plan and I can feel a couple of twinges so I think I need it too.

Don't go too hard on the diet, Xmas is coming which makes it doubly hard, if you go too harsh on the diet chances are you'll crash/binge.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've done Insanity before, every sport improved as a result from soccer to triathlons. Just started it again to get into shape for upcoming board hols.

The majority of those exercises in that youTube vid are covered by Insanity. Go for it, you've nothing to lose - only gains. I sound like Shaun T now...
snow conditions
The Insanity workout promises results in 60 days, what were you planning to do for the rest of your life ? Putting yourself under physical stress for a short period can bring physical changes, but if you try to maintain that level of effort, I suspect you'll come unstuck.

It took more than 60 days to gain the weight and lose the fitness, why do people think their bodies are going to change back so quickly ? Short of using dodgy substances, you body will adapt a a limiting rate.

Also, the before and after shots on the Amazon page are clearly using sidelighting in the after shots.
latest report
Insanity is just a form HIIT, maintaining that level of effort after the program is done will result in more progression. If you want to maintain your fitness level then incorporate some of the insanity workouts over a longer period. i.e instead of 6 days a week, do 2-3 days a week of HIIT and incorporate some other moderate workouts.

Everybody will come from a different background, different fitness and our bodies adapt in different ways. I had a decent level of fitness going into Insanity, and have seen good results. If I didn't I wouldn't be going back doing it again. There are loads of studies out there to backup HIIT to have faster results over normal/endurance training.
snow report
Insanity is awesome especially the new T25
latest report
pam w wrote:
A snowhead recently posted a link to this excellent video with a very attractive footballer showing you some good idea of what to do.
http://youtube.com/v/xWBSf4BfKRk

I've been doing the two hamstring exercises now for a couple of weeks (the swiss ball one and the flamingo dead lift) and they're very effective - esp the latter one
ski holidays
Thanks for the responses. I do other sport, however the weight has crept on since I got marrid last year. Just asking peoples views on insanity, decided to sign up for a triathlon and get a road bike on C2W as like someone said above, having one of our friends from over the pond abuse me in my own living room does not appeal - I prefer to be out side in the hills!
latest report
j4meseaton, that's why px90 is better as its encouragement and enjoyable not abuse in your living room as you put it
ski holidays
Insanity is great.

I myself don't like to do it everyday but as 'tabata' exercise it's great. HIIT is all the rage these days. Maybe because you spend less time exercising lol.
latest report
I can vouch for it, I got grade 2 hamstring tear off-piste in St Anton last season (skied home too...ouch) and I've been mixing running with Insanity in prep for February..I think it's excellent, my hamstring feels fine and I'm good to go.

Most the exercises are relevant to our sport and there's plenty of ski references in it too....go for it.
snow conditions
BTW...a lot of exercises that Ali Krieger do in that YouTube video are contained in the Insanity workouts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy