Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geocaching

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm quite new to this pastime of geocaching, but it's quite a fun way to pass few hours (mainly cos I'm a bit rubbish). I wondered if any snowheads had taken up this hobby and if so is it worth doing whilst on a ski trip or are all the caches buried under metres wink of snow?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Found a couple in Corvara/Colfosco. Most of the mountainy ones tend to be away from the pistes, and usually indicate if they're accessible in winter.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've done a few when skiing. You can usually tell if you're going to be able to find them as others will have logged finds earlier in the season. I find it's a great way (on skis or not) to get children enthusiastic again when they're starting to flag, so research a couple of easy nearby ones beforehand and have their details easily to hand. If using your phone and relying on live maps to locate the cache beware that unless you have a clever app that will cache the maps beforehand, you might start paying for data while searching.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just been checking out the geocache map for Wengen. If there is a snow symbol next to the geocache does that mean it's accessible in winter, and by accessible I mean for a piste skier?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Think mouseover the symbol says what it means? I believe a snowflake means accessible in winter, but may or may not be accessible from the piste. Some are in the village, some are down walking paths. Those I found were in the village, and was a 100m or so trudge to a church.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I would read the logs before trying to find any cache on the slopes. That should give a good idea whether it is accessible in winter.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's what I'd do. Just having a peek now. One with a snowflake and sun symbol says "seasonal access only". Another has a big snowflake that says "available in winter". A couple from Kleine Scheidegg heading down towards Alpiglen/Brandegg (nice place to stop - recommend the apple fritters and custard) claim to be on a winter walking path that;s signposted as such, so I'd expect it to be accessible on foot, but might be up some path from the piste.

Might need to have a look on the GC.com maps and google maps in parallel (which have lifts+pistes marked now for several ski resorts) to see which ones might be worth a look.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy