Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1850 instructors

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - Does anybody have any recommendations for ski instructors in Courchevel 1850? I've mostly done ski school/private lessons through ESF in the past and have been pretty happy with them but I'd be keen to give some other guys a try.

We'd be looking for private lessons for a few hours on maybe a couple of days to brush up and correct bad habits developed since we last had some lessons. Travelling out on the 7th December.

Any help greatly appreciated!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have used New Generation who I can highly recommend. My husband has used Sweet Snowsports and was very happy with them.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had some lessons with Greg from Ski Marmalade (http://www.skimarmalade.com/) last year and couldn't speak highly enough about them. They're based in Meribel but I would imagine that they might be willing to come across to 1850 for a private lesson that early in the season. If not, it'd be a nice little pre-lesson warm-up down from Saulire to Meribel.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Claude Decagny - www.snowarea.net - based in Courchevel and the 3 Valleys. One of the instructors at the EoSB.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sweet Snowsports.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had a lesson with Jo Jo from Ski Marmalade last year, revelatory and great fun. I think that she is based and comes over from the Courchevel side each day, so would not think that the valley would be a problem.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Highly recommend Andreas from NewGen.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
squeal_orange_peel, I'm available from 8th to 13th December. My name is Claude Decagny (Snow area is my business name), fully qualified French ski instructor, Canadian ski instructror (CSIA level 3), ex-member of the French mogul (bumps) ski team, 12th in the 1981 Tignes World Cup, French vice-champion in 1982, winner of 2 legs in the Pro-Am 1985, second overall in the Pro-Am 1985, ex-coach of the Megeve artistic acrobatic ski team.
Comments fom "Recommend ski instructors" :
From Petski (page2) : Comments: Some of you may know Claude from eosb's. I had 5 great mornings instruction with Claude, my skiing has improved enormously, his instruction is easy to understand and effetive. He also works out of all the resorts in the 3V. One of the best weeks skiing i've had.
Fom oldmacdonald (page 3): Can't reccommend Claude enough. Myself and my mate had a very enjoyable morning in Val Thorens with him who tried to improve our technique. Excellent communicator, and immediately picked up on our many, many problems! Money very well spent, thanks Claude!
Would you like to contact me by email : info@snowarea.net, please.
Hope to ski with you in Courchevel very soon. Claude[/b]
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I'll definitely follow up on them. Only a few days until we leave an the snow is looking pretty good. Can't wait!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
squeal_orange_peel, I've skied with snowarea before.

A good choice, especially if you want to improve in the bumps!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you need another name, try Jean-Christophe Tonon +33 670 28 00 23
Great bloke with good sense of humour.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We had a really excellent lesson today with Claude from snowarea. I'd highly recommend him to anyone coming to the 3V. Thanks again for everyone's suggestions.

I'd had a really horrible morning. Nothing was working, fighting my skis etc but after a few hours with Claude in the afternoon everything was feeling great! I could hardly believe the difference.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Really try Sweetsnowsports , They really enjoy you enjoying skiing .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
squeal_orange_peel, Thanks a lot. I'm very happy you have enjoyed your lesson with me. Hope you have had a great week in the 3 Valleys.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy