Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ruroc RG1-X Helmet Review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As an owner and lover of the old RG-1 Ghost, I was excited to see what a new Ruroc product would look like. I was afraid I would be disappointed, how could I love a helmet more? But, as soon as I received an RG1-X Spirit (pink!) I was "happier than a tornado in a trailer park."

Ruroc has come out with a new line of helmets called the RG1-X, which has a few more goodies than the regular RG-1.
The whole line for the 2013/2014 season has been made over. Instead of the old course matte finish, they now offer a sleek, smooth, polished helmet in black or white. They've also added new accent colours including pink and orange.

THE PEAK. It's very new this season. It's a visor. It's a GO-PRO MOUNT. Whut. Awesome. Simply stick the Go-Pro mount above the goggle, and when you're not using a Go-Pro, the Peak just snaps on. Viola! You're a badass.

Aesthetically, this new helmet is quite pleasing. The branding is sweeter than the previous models, with a solidly stitched in silicone "RuRoC" on the goggle band, double R's on one side of the helmet. With my RG1-X Spirit, the shades of magenta vary slightly, which I think gives a nice contrast.

The Mask is sooo good. If you wear a balaclava or a scarf (lol), you're all gross and wet and chapped and your face hurts. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. Have a hard mask, be warm. Don't worry about your goggles fogging because your stank funky breath got to them. Seriously, no one out of the 6 of us who have Ruroc helmets has ever had an issue with fogging. The mask clips in with a little pressure, make sure it clicks. It doesn't slide off of your face like a scarf (lol). And guess what? If you biff your face into a rail, you'll have a much lower chance of doing serious damage to your sexy face (or maybe it's not so sexy, but it's all you've got).

The Goggles. Mine are pink, so, as a girl, I'm winning. Yours could be blue, red, orange, green, black, chrome. Maybe you want to Plastidip them the color of poop. Who knows. But, I do know the colors are vibrant and the lenses are interchangeable. The RG1-X comes with matching iridescent lenses. So, yeah, mine are pinky purply SOBs and everyone wants them. I sometimes wear glasses under the goggles, no issue. The field of view isn't limited at all. Included in your kit are low-light lenses for those awful shiny spot lights at every ski resort. They think you want to feel like Michael Jackson or Beyoncé ... well, you probably do.

Speaking of music, there is plenty of room for some head phones in the "ear cave" if you like to jam. I like the general Star Wars soundtrack,

Final thoughts: Some people aren't going to like Ruroc helmets. Those people probably don't enjoy good music, theater, or fine dining either. Those people probably don't go hard, don't live for skiing or boarding, or really, are just jealous. Let the haters be hateful, you just be loving... your Ruroc RG1-X helmet. And don't fight people, you might think you can because you look so freaking cool.
The cost is totally worth it, especially if you watch for sales. The best way to keep track is to like and follow them on facebook. Of course you can also monitor ruroc.com. Regular price for the states is $340 for the RG1-X Spirit + $25 shipping. Sale prices knock anywhere from $25-175 off depending on when you buy. I was at a local ski shop yesterday and their helmets were $150-250, and a helmet with a eye visor thingy was $300. So yeah, Ruroc wins.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowzilla wrote:
Mine are pink,

Kinda pink tinned luncheon meat coloured? Slightly flecked?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

I will accept that this is an excellent helmet for protecting yourself in that particular situation wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Viola???
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowzilla wrote:
I was afraid I would be disappointed, how could I love helmet more?.

say no more
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy