Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing on TV Monday Nights - Ski Patrol

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just came across a skiing program while surfing through the hundreds of useless channels we have. It’s seems to be made for Discovery but being shown Travel & Living. It’s on Monday nights at 9pm, called Ski Patrol (though I caught it on a Saturday night!). The episode I just watched was teaching people to ski off piste in powder up to their waists in St Anton. Made me very envious as I could never even dream of doing that!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sharon1953, fat skis help a lot. Try powder skiing on a slope that's not too steep, with big floaty skis ... and you might surprise yourself!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Goldsmith, I'm laughing my socks off here David, I'm not off the green's and blues yet! I can just about cope with a red if it's been wrongly graded and it's really a blue! I'd only surpise myself if I was off my head on some narcotic substance that blocked any sense of fear, or in fact any sense of anything! Shocked But I take your word for it re the wide skis Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sharon1953,

What makes you think that all off-piste gradients are worse than blue/red. David Goldsmith is right you only have to be able to link turns on a decent gradient to be able to cope so its not so far away in terms of dreams. Of course, the stuff they show on TV may well be a million miles way from most of us but it isn't true that its all like that...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
JT, ah but you see I have no desire to seek out that which is unknown. I like to ski on nearly flat, wide open, pisted runs, that the bashers have flattened to carpet texture - don't get me wrong, I love skiing, think about it all year, save for it all year, but when I get there I am terrified, and I've been 8 times now! But I am quite happy to ski within my comfort zone, stopping for lots of cups of coffee with my friend, and drink one or two Glüweins at the end of the day!!! The others in the group like to cover as much of the mountains as they can, and I enjoy listeining to their stories, but I "know my limits" and that's what keeps me safe and happy. If I thought I had to "cope" with a decent gradient then it would stop being fun and become someone else's challenge - I have nothing to prove at my age wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sharon1953,

Thats ok but you are the one who mentioned dreams...
If is not what you want to do, no problem ar all as far as I'm concerned. I gave up long ago trying to cajole people. Its their holiday too..!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sharon1953, if that's what makes you happy then go for it. Freshly groomed corduroy is one of the most underrated skiing pleasures IMO. I would say that there is a very good reason why people go on about skiing powder though, one of them is that if you fall in deep powder then it doesn't hurt at all, apart from damaged pride.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer, Yup - like falling into a giant fluffy mattress - well - a mattress that is cold and gets up your nose and in your ears hehehe
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer, Well I did go off piste once by accident, made the mistake of taking a ski off so I could get up, and my leg sunk up to my waist, getting back out was a site to behold - now I know why they wear snow shoes!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kramer,
It's not the falling in powder thats the problem for me its the standing up again and trying to put your ski back on usually takes me about half a year
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sharon1953, i saw that program which was quite intersting up until they decided to go swimming, they are all lard a r s e s !

didnt look quite so cool then.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Royal, lol, yes I agree, I thought they would have to be really fit to do all that skiing, and yet when they stripped off some of them wobbled like jelly - makes me wonder why I worry so much and spend so much time in the gym before I go!JT, Just because I can't do it, don't need to do it, and have no intentions of trying, doesn't mean it wouldn't be dreamy to actually do! I can see how exhilarating sky diving must be, but would never want to try it!!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy