Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Need Help! Departing Feb'06 to work and snowboard :)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Very Happy Hi there everyone,

I just graduated and want to go snowboarding+working at ANY wink ski resort in Europe.
I'm 24, got EU passport, fluent english and good french knowledge, some good skills and experience dealing with the customer, intermediate/good snowboarder, visited the alps last Spring (Chamonix and Megeve).

I have been lurking here and in other forums and googling intensively, already read most of the known ski job sites - i'm filled in with the basic info.

Some (a lot of, actually Wink) questions, if you can help out:

- What i'm going to do now is build a good cv and apply with as many companies as i can! Do you agree? What about flying over and staying somewhere while searching for work on the spot (we don't have much more than 1000 euros each)?

- I haven't got a cookery cerificate or anything, but i can cook a 3 course meal for a party of 6 or more - is this enough qualification to be a chalet host?

- I'm going to work and board, what are the best positions in terms of free time?

- Are interviews mandatory, do they do phone/webcam interviews? Because I'm in Portugal at the moment so an interview in London involves spending precious money (just not logical).

- I am going on this trip with a mate, so we'd like to be stationed in the same resort. Is this possible? Does this make it easier/harder in getting a job/any special tips on applying (like mentioning that we're applying with this other friend?)

- We're going after the season has started, but plan to stay until the end, then get another seasonal job somewhere probably. Any tips on getting a job in mid-season (i know about peak period jobs, but we wanted something lasting more than a couple weeks because we don't have the money otherwise)? What about after the season has ended?

Thanks a great lot!
Peace,

Miguel Coelho

my msn messenger: miguelcoelho [at] hotmail.com

PS: We welcome and will share any info like tips, contacts, spots, ideas, positions/companies with should apply for, ...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
freezerburn, Welcome to snowHeads! Afraid I can't help you with your question - but that's quite normal for me...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks anyway!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
freezerburn, I suggest posting on www.chaletsdirect.co.uk jobs message board. I saw this morning that there are still plenty of jobs on offer on there throughout the Alpes.

Good Luck
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My advice to you is work out which resort you want to go to perhaps with a back up in mind and then as long as you have enough money to survive for a couple of weeks without any income just head out and see what you can find. Your best bet is probably asking in bars, restaurants looking for KP's etc or seeing if you can do some transfer repping. Think it is probably unlikely that any of the larger companies will be looking to employ people in advance for February. It might however be worth you calling some of them before you leave and seeing if they have any vacancies at the time - injuries etc have normally taken their toll by February and you will find alot of people can be understaffed. As long as you are happy to be flexible you will definately find something. Good luck!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy