Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

FREE Avalanche Awareness Presentations in Geneva, Morzine, Verbier and Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This season we will once again be running our series of Free Avalanche Awareness Lectures in Geneva, Chamonix, Morzine and Verbier. The lectures last around an hour and are designed to cover the basics of avalanche avoidance, and emergency rescue.

Dates and venues for winter 2013-2014 are as follows:

Geneva Monday 09 Dec 2013 6.30pm. Venue: The Clubhouse, Rue Philippe-Plantamour 25, 1201 Geneva.

Verbier Wednesday 11 Dec 2013 6.30pm. Venue: Pub Mont Fort, Chemin de la Tinte 10, 1936 Verbier.

Morzine Thursday 19 Dec 2013 and Friday 10 Jan 2014 at 6.30pm. Venue: The Bec Jaune Brewery, 220 route de la Combe ?ore, 74110 Morzine

Chamonix. Every Monday night from 16 Dec to 10 March 2014. Venue: La Terrasse Bar, Place Balmat 74400 Chamonix. 6.15pm

Come along and be safer this winter.....
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It sounds brilliant....sorry that I will miss the one in Verbier, am back in UK for a while and not back to Switz till the 14th. Do post if you do anymore there. Smile
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When to one last winter. Highly recommended.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
do they start on time in chamonix or is it a "french" 6.15? cant get there until about half past due to work......
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've heard rumours of beacon/probe/shoveling practice for free every Wednesdays in Chamonix... Anyone know if this is true?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For any Morzine types, The Bec Jaune Brewery, 220 route de la Combe à Zore is what you knew as the Chavoyard.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
eddiethebus, the one I went to didn't start bang on time, people getting drinks etc. Avalanche Academy, will know better.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll be in Geneva that wk. Will try to make it.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A few things to reply to:

Yes, it is usually a "French" start, just after 6.15. Try and get there as early as you can, as we can't keep everyone else waiting too long.

Free training on Wednesdays ? We've not heard anything about this. It's certainly nothing to do with us. As far as we are aware the only free things in Chamonix are gravity, and our presentations.

Hope to see you all there
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Haaaaa, already sign up for the on e in Clubhouse in Geneva. See you there!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've spotted Avalanche Academy, out on the hill doing the training, it looks a real job of work. Still tempted.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Will be in Chamonix early Jan, will try and make it down. Sounds informative.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm doing this course in La Grave, obviously I suspect a little more detailed rolling eyes

Have a fair basis of knowledge, which is more biased towards spring snow, I thought this would build on that.

One of the lecturers is a guide mate I've been doing stuff with for nigh on fifteen years, I think the majority of students are people hoping to become guides and the like - so I'll probably be easily the old git Puzzled
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Awww, gonna miss this - 6 of us in Morzine for 2 weeks over Christmas and new year and we'd def all have come along Sad
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy