Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Skiing Board Game

Poster: A snowHead
Announcement - New Skiing Board Game

Just thought I would post this. There is a new skiing board game just out in the US.

Take a look and tell me what you think

www.ski-the-mountain.co.uk
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
IanJIDS, Hi Ian. Did you design the game? How come its only being released in the US for now? Looks interesting - would love this to work. Your post will be considered as spam, I think, as this is your first post on the site (at least under this username).
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Shimmy Alcott, his sig answers your 1st question. Like you I'm a bit baffled by a dot co dot uk being released over the pond ? But no crime. IanJIDS, giving you the benefit of the doubt - welcome to sHs. snowHead

Don't think it's really spam - he doesn't appear to be selling anything (yet?) and it is not even a direct link. He's just asking for comments on what is a definite ski-related topic. Fare game, IMO.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IanJIDS, welcome to snowheads. snowHead Are there any independent reviews of the game?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dubaian, yes, just wanted him to verify what he had written in his sig - and just wanted to post a question to see if he actually came back!!

Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome, IanJIDS. The game looks as though it could be fun. However, I would find the price it is being sold for in the USA, $46,99, off-putting.

BTW, on the Expansions page there is an 'l' missing in Zell am See.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
...and on the gallery page, only the cards are clickable. IMHO it would also be better to use something like Lightbox to expand the image rather than opening it in a new tab/window.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for all the comments. Didn't realise the there was a spam rule and I should have been on this forum long ago.

The publication question is really simple the US have better print on demand options, so to begin with I've had to use the US site to publish. Hopefully I'll get the game over to the UK shortly. The costs is a reflection of the number of boards, parts and cards in the game, but I agree I hope to get the cost down once I can increase the number in each print run.

I am currently working on a Snowbird version for the US market, so this is likely to be for the next edition.

Thanks for the comments and yes I'm real!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
if we are picking up typos to help IanJIDS then I'd say it should be Ste Foy in the expansions page

looks like it might be a bit of fun
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like it could be fun. We usually take a game or two away with us. Look forward to seeing it over here.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd buy one Smile
Especially for the 3 Valleys, its a massive piste map
Keep us informed on UK release
Well done & best of luck
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for all the website spots. I hope I've corrected all of them now.

The game is likely to use Kickstarter early in 2014 to get funding for a UK & Europe print run. I'll tell you when this is Live.

3 Valleys would be an enormous board. I have looked at Meribel before and this looks perfectly achievable for a board.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi,

Game could be good but the website looks like it was done 10 years ago if not longer, its awful!

If budget is an issue then get yourself a wordpress based site, there are thousands of free templates that would look better than that, it just looks sooo dated for something thats selling a new product. You have tons of empty space at the bottom of the pages. If budget isnt such an issue then get a professional to make a site for you, they should be able to knock you one up for a few hundred quid easily as there's not much to the site.

Other things you need to think about are your keywords and your description, the keywords used should be more targeted to actual search phrases rather than just random skiing and present type words. These keywords should then be present in your title and description. You also need a different title on each page of your website, oh and with the keywords, the more you put in there the more diluted each one gets so your better off targeting each page to a different couple of keywords rather than every page targeting a long list of them as you have now.

(takes web designer hat off) Good luck with it anyway
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Typo - Merihell Confused
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the website comments. I needed something quick and this took only a couple of hours. The Wordpress idea is a good one. Once I stop real work I'll have a go at a new site. Watch this space.
snow conditions
IanJIDS wrote:
Thanks for all the website spots. I hope I've corrected all of them now.

The game is likely to use Kickstarter early in 2014 to get funding for a UK & Europe print run. I'll tell you when this is Live.

3 Valleys would be an enormous board. I have looked at Meribel before and this looks perfectly achievable for a board.

PdS could be fun then Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy