Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

< Lange - RX 130 L.V. > OR < Salomon - X Max 130/120 >

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Ladies and Gents,

Can anyone offer any advice, or experiences on/with either of these boots?

I'm a part-time ski instructor. When I do head up north/abroad I tend to prefer playing in the powder.. Happy to hike from the top of a lift, but not one for the skins.

Looking for a boot which is:

Very responsive.
Has a fairly wide fit.
Copes equally well on and off-piste.
Tailored to high level skiers.

Thanks

DJP
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DJP23, Welcome to snowHeads.

I tend to prioritise my boot selection as to what boot fits best within the desired performance requirements.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DJP23, just looking at these myself. The 'LV' (low-volume) is a narrower version of the Lange boot so suggest that's probably not for you?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for the advice/welcome guys,

My last set of boots never quite fitted. They served me well though so I'm excited to finally upgrade and see how these affect my skiing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sally QuestMax Pro 130
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi DJP23,

I have been spending a bit of time doing some research and trying on new boots for this season. I have norrowed my selection down to the xmax and lange rx 130 and have tried both on last week during a fitting session at S&R. I wasn't convinced by either so went home to do my homework. There have been large reports that both boots leak - especially the lange - it seems the x-max has had some cases and I have read that they have changed the seal on this years model.

I also found the xmax to offer me a much better heel lock position.

Between the xmax 120-130 the shell is slightly different - there are no removable toe and heel plates in the 130 and it is FIS approved so you can race in them - so if you wear your boots and walk around the town with them a bit for apres on the way to the lifts etc they won't be able to be replaced - quite a negative point for me.

The lange boot had a much better build feel if that makes sense - i found it to fit better on my foot but didn't deliver as good of a heel hold as I would have liked.

I am going back to the store later this week to have a second go and hopefully walk out with something. I also seem to remember the xmax being slightly lighter than the lange.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
DJP23, Go see a good boot fitter, tell them what you want then let them do their stuff and suggest the right boot for you. The good ones will send you elsewhere if they don't have the right one for you. Where do you live? We can probably suggest a fitter who knows what they are doing!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks again for the responses guys,

I live in Edinburgh. So happy to travel around within Scotland really.

I went in to Ellis-Brigham today, but they didn't have my size available, so I've ordered some in to try out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ive found Salomon have a roomier fit than Lange, also the Lange plastic on my 15 year old banshees gets stiffer as the temp gets colder
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I just bought my new Salomon X-Max 120s from Banks of Perth. It's a wee shop with a surprisingly big range of boots and they know what they're doing. Worth checking them out and while you're in Perth you can look into Craigdon and Blues too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy