Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Auron - Paris Half term week - will it be hell on earth?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Still trying to find somewhere that meets all our needs for feb half term week...

Just wondering whether anyone has any experience or local knowledge of what Auron's likely to be like in the Paris/ british half-term week. IS it going to be carnage?

I wasn't sure how popular the more southerly resorts were with Parisian families. Do they all unload further up the alps in the mega resorts???
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
robertsnerys, Parisiens are no problem in alpes maritime, http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2271919&highlight=european+schoolholidays#2271919 Paris is in Zone C , but to take care about, the week from 22february to 1th Mars its mix with Zone B thats include big part of mediterian area, so that week its a little bit of hell, Auron is a nice place with good skiing, better than nearby and more famous Isola 2000, its use to be emty midweeks and busy weekends
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Freeheelskier, thanks very much 15-22or that advice. Our holiday week is the 15-22: so you thinknit Will be ok, then?? Auron seems fine for our needs: i Will chevk it out.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
robertsnerys, That week you will go I think Monaco has halfterm but Im not sure, only that they us to have before Nice and Aix/Marseille area, but they are not a big problem, they use to be on the terasse with fancy drinks Toofy Grin You will have a nice week there, Im sure Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

they use to be on the terasse with fancy drinks

Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I cannot understand this at all.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee, which bit? The thing is that Auron is a long drive for Parisians in the winter.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
All of it! Worst spelling I have seen for ages and random dates dropped everywhere. I thought maybe it was my early morning 'not quite with it' goggles but no, it still reads terribly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nadenoodlee, freeheelskier is a non-native speaker and is renown for some weird use of commas and speechmarks! wink Give the guy a break, I've seen worse on here from native speakers! Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Nadenoodlee, How's your Swedish wink

More seriously it's worth contacting Agenterre on here. He lives in the south of France and that is one of his local mountains. I contacted him about last half term and he said that it wouldn't be too bad at all. I ended up going elsewhere though after realising our half term was the week before the main UK holidays and the start of the french ones which was far quieter and cheaper.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Give the guy a break

quite. freeheelskier comes up with some very useful information (as he has in this thread). I think the OP knew exactly what he was talking about.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
robertsnerys, Hi, Auron is (imho) the best of the A-M local resorts. It has a number of quirks but is a great place to go.

Due to its proximity to the Cote d'Azur it can be very busy on the weekend during the entire season -- something it has in common with Isola. I wouldn't worry about any local half-term that the French have as they tend to go to other resorts. Not because they are better but because they can --- for a change of scenery. The exception to this are, surprisingly, the Italians who love the area because a) they can drive there and its somewhere different.

BTW -- the snow is exceptional at the moment and as long as temperatures don't rise too much we should start 'serious' skiing next week.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

I cannot understand this at all.

Quote:

All of it! Worst spelling I have seen for ages and random dates dropped everywhere. I thought maybe it was my early morning 'not quite with it' goggles but no, it still reads terribly.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

This comment was make me smile, Im not use google translate, I speak alot better english then I write, I just try to give advise from my experience from what I know about skiresorts, I think a Brittish with normal intelligence will understand, I speak, are understood and understand 11 different language, how many can you Nadenoodlee, ?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy