Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Video: Quick look at conditions today in the French Alps and Pyrenees

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Because I had my camera with me I put this video report together showing conditions on the access road to Andorra from Toulouse and at the 7 Laux ski area

http://youtube.com/v/d_YLRppJ4Uc

Chains or snow tires were necessary to reach the 7 Laux this morning.

Free lifts at Courchevel attracted the punters with big queues

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There was a good crowd at Lans en Vercors today too, but no excessive queues I'm glad to say.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Queues Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled It's not even February yet wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Digging out railway tracks by hand can't be fun! Looking forward to getting back to the Alps next week Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I know this as bit off-the-wall but what is the closing date for 7 Laux?

Skiinfo.fr suggests 30 March which seems early.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
altis wrote:
I know this as bit off-the-wall but what is the closing date for 7 Laux?

Skiinfo.fr suggests 30 March which seems early.

Probably a bit. They had snow until mid-May this year. However they close much earlier nowadays. The director said that as soon as the number of lift pass sales falls below 200 / day for a number of days they shut. That has improved their profitability. After the Winter holidays the French don't ski much.

Still better than Chamonix where you can imagine the conversation in Paris this week

Boss, Boss we've got a meter of snow on the Brevent and at Grands, can we open a lift?
What, so season workers can get in some early turns? they've already bought their passes, feck 'em!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lovely bit of early season film. snowHead Sept Laux looks great but no way would I stand in that queue in courchevel, even for nowt.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
Lovely bit of early season film. snowHead Sept Laux looks great but no way would I stand in that queue in courchevel, even for nowt.

A case of free not really being that free!. My son pointed out that the petrol and tolls was more than the 25 euros we paid to ski from 9-2pm at the 7 laux.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
More Courchevel shots

oh the humanity

still this lardy bloke got himself to the front of the queue at Val Tho

snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Courchevel, opening weekend

http://youtube.com/v/VTmkgPXY9GY
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No Marmots were harmed during the making of that coat