Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shopping today!!

Poster: A snowHead
I'm going to MK Xscape this afternoon to demo and buy one of two pairs of skis. Ellis Brigham were brilliant yesterday - I phoned them to ask if they had K2 Burning Luvs and Volkl Attivas in 160, and they had a pair of Attivas shipped down from their shop in Leeds overnight for me.

So later I will be the very proud owner of one or the other. I can't wait, I haven't owned my own pair of skis for about 6 years now.

Watch this space: I'll be back Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RachelQ, I will be really interested to hear how you get on with those two skis. Have a great afternoon Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowbunny, thanks. I'm going up now - Xscape said their quietest time was 2.30. I'll let you know later.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
RachelQ, I bet you buy the yellow 'uns.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, you are so right Very Happy I started off on the Volkls and skiied for about 45 minutes. It took a few runs to get my ski legs back and the snow wasn't brilliant. I found them quite hard work, but when I did a couple of fast runs, they were very nice. Then I went and changed them for the K2s, skiied one run and just knew. They made my heart sing Very Happy

So I went back into EB to buy them - and they didn't have any Crying or Very sad I was going to take a picture of them and show you all! I've got to wait for a few days while they ship them up from Bristol. But I can't wait to ski on them at Christmas.

And I always said I'd never ever buy skis with flowers on them Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
RachelQ, Glad that you had a good afternoon. Were the Attiva's the 4* or the 5*? These 2 skis were one's I had my eye on, so I'm quite interested in why the Volkls seemed hard work. Flowers eh Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowbunny, the 5*s. Very cool graphics too, much nicer than the Burning Luvs (being a graphic designer that's quite important to me). I'm not sure whey they were more difficult to ski, I'm not good at the criticism and comparison thing. I just found them quite hard to get on their edges compared with the K2s, whereas the very first turn on the K2s just worked. Sorry I can't be more precise - the guy in the shop (who was one of the very helpful EB guys when we had the snowHeads ski demo a while ago) reckons it's about weight. Do I remember you spending quite a bit of time on the Burning Luvs that night?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
RachelQ,
Quote:

Do I remember you spending quite a bit of time on the Burning Luvs that night?

Quite possibly, except that it was an afternoon Very Happy . I did enjoy the Burnin Luv, it had the best edge hold of all the skis I demoed. I do agree that the K2 flowers are a little OTT. I have a new pair of skis. untried, but if they are ok on piste, I will want a good freeride ski for powder/off piste. If they are not ok, I will sell them on Ebay and buy a good all rounder, like the Burnin Luv/Attiva 5*, or maybe even consider the Stockli AT, if I can get one to test. When the EB guy said weight on the Volkl's did he mean the ski weight, or your weight being light for the ski, I did read that Volkls are best for heavy skiers Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RachelQ wrote:
spyderjon, you are so right Very Happy

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Deb also thinks that her Burnin' Luv's are great. She also tested both the Attiva 4 & 5's but by far prefered the K2's. They're not that flowery & at least they're not pink Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon, yea, at least they're not pink! snowbunny I think he meant that one's weight versus ski was what mattered. I suspect that the Volkls needed a bit more weight on them. I want skis that will be all mountain - OK off piste, but good on piste too. And these are what I have chosen - after a bit of research and testing. So, depending on how the snow is at Christmas in Hinterglemm, I'll knnow whether I' ve made a good choice or not. snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I don't really like shopping, but there are times when it's just the best.Very Happy Very Happy EB called to say my skis were in, so Thursday after work I went shopping and bought these

and to go with them I got these

Nice, aren't they!
Then I decided I needed some new gloves, so I found these

and JohnQ needs something for his birthday in 3 weeks, so I bought him this Icebreaker top

although it didn't come with the guy or the hat.
John also wanted to buy an Icebreaker base layer, so he added one to the pile, and the whole lot came to £570. But I only paid £513 Very Happy Very Happy (thank you SCGB - that was more than worth my membership) Very Happy Very Happy

Now I just can't wait for 21 more sleeps to try out my new gear.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
RachelQ, I thought that may have been JohnQ and was going to suggest a good haircut Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RachelQ, I would love to go ski shopping but all my gear was new last season so I think i shall have to wait at least until next year to suppress that new ski urge. wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be interested to hear how you get one with your Salomon gloves RachelQ... if they have a liner, don't try and pull it out. rolling eyes

I hope you didn't buy JohnQ the hat that bloke's wearing in the photo - proper home-made job that one! Laughing

I'm thinking about getting some K2 Misdemeanors. They're a bit 'pink' though... Shocked

ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowy, mmm, a ski for an expert level female jibber. Who cares if it's pink Madeye-Smiley

The Salomon gloves have a completely separate tight fitting fleece glove inside, so you can wear them with or without the inners - very neat. And no, I didn't buy John the hat! He's a helmet man.
snow report
Rach, now you know why I have always skied K2's, great choice, I think a matching ski suit would lokk great, now where the hell is that picture of you in the Killy suit in the helicopter in the 80's, I think I need to check out the rents loft when I com ehome in January, can't wait to post that picture Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Congrats on the purchase...... david
snow report
Dave, it wasn't Killy, it was HCC who I don't think exist anymore. One piece, white and purple. I've got a piccy of me in St Moritz wearing it, with my white yeti boots, very cool (not). Don't you dare post a picture Evil or Very Mad
snow report
I will start a new forum in 2006, fashion on the slopes, I think I have plenty of material Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
dbiggins, you could be on the brink of losing a good friend. NehNeh
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy