Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just bought some Salomon Q105's; what to expect?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Picked up a set of the Q105, never skied on rocker skis before!
I'm an experienced skier, currently on Black Diamond Verdicts from 2011, traditional camber, the 105's are the same length (181), but 2mm wider in the waist and almost 10mm wider in the shovel.
I'm thinking this, combined with the rocker will be great off-piste, just wondering how they will compare on piste????
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
KenX, You won’t really notice the rocker to be honest, I have the 98 version and I skit he 122 Rockers for powder, they are a really good ski, solid and perform well in most conditions, you may notice a bit of flapping at really high speed on the tips on piste but because they are not in contact with the snow it will make no real difference to the feel or performance.

The honeycomb tip on them is a really sweet bit of technology that adds an awful lot to the ski, Enjoy them
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks!
I'll put up a review after I've been to Tignes with them in December.........
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bindings mounted, 3 weeks to go Smile
Question:
The skis are markes L & R, are they handed or is this just to get the graphics to line up?

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK, done 2 weeks on these now, imo a perfect one-ski quiver!
For me, they are great on-piste giving a smooth ride with the honeycomb tips meaning no tip flap, the sidecut gives me the ability to carve without too much effort and the rocker makes the 181cm ski like a 160, so while not perfect in bumps due to the width, still quite manageable Smile
Off-piste it's the best ski I've owned to date, good width underfoot, nose rocker gives great float and in long turns they love to blast!
So, all in all, for me a great all-rounder Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
KenX - Been looking for reviews for these skis as i'm thinking of buying a pair for january. What do you think of them now? as i notice it was a couple of years ago you posted this review? any advice on length? im 5' 7"? Thanks Danny
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have the 90's so can't comment fully on this thread as that a fairly large differential in terms of side cut.

What I will say about these is that even the 90 which is supposed to be more piste oriented than the 105 requires very good ice technique, these things only have a partial side wall about 2 ft in the centre of the ski, so if you think your going to arrest with your edges and side slide your way to control, forget it. You have to keep initiating new turns and keep your edge and control speed that way.

The up side of these ski's is just how light they are and they are super flexible so if you like a turny ski you don't have to fight all the time you will enjoy them.

IF you like a powerhouse like the Mantra etc something with metal laminate, you might find it a bit girly, the Qlab version has metal
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@dank8223, Hi Danny, still got the Q105s, been very happy with them for the last couple of seasons and haven't changed my opinion of them since I wrote about them, great ski, highly recommended and probably around at a good price now too!
Just mounted my tele bindings on them for this year, see how that goes.......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy