Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are the cut-price airlines cancelling more flights this year? (plus SNCF)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have had both my flights out to the Alps cancelled this year. The first was a Monarch flight to Friedrichshafen as a substitute for which (since it was the only flight) they offered a flight the next day. The other was a Ryanair flight to Turin for which they offered a flight 4 hours later as substitute. I had booked both several months before and luckily was able to get refunds. However, it put out all my other arrangements so required more work than just finding other flights. I had to cancel my Friedrichshafen taxi, since there was no other suitable flight and book to fly out to Innsbruck plus arrange a train. For Turin I had to arrange to fly out from another airport (different from our return - which caused problems for some of my group). I should have mentioned these were both holidays I had arranged for a group of skiers.

Is this sort of thing happening more this year?

My own woes have been compounded by finding that for my last ski holiday French railways had suddenly issued a bunch of tickets for the first 2 weeks of March all together without warning for their overnight trains from Paris to Bourg St Maurice. Normally they issue tickets 90 days before the date of travel and I wait up till midnight to get the half price tickets. 3 days before, everything was going as usual with the 90 day issues. When I got back from a long weekend at the Huddersfield modern music Festival I found I was too late for the cheap tickets and no couchettes were left for the journey out. Sitting up all night for a group of 6, half of whom are in their mid to late 60s was not on. I had already successfully bought Eurostar 120 days before travel which restricted my possibilities. I found I could still get tickets for a train going to Chambery which means getting out at 5am and catching the train we had intended to be on at 5.30.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why do you say "luckily" you got refunds? There is no issue with refunds for cancelled flights
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
peanuthead, if the new flight offered had been less than 2 hours different I gather they don't have to offer a refund.

I assume from the lack of replies that other people haven't been experiencing the same thing so perhaps I was just unlucky.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowball, I had a cancellation by Monarch last season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There has been fun and games out of Leeds Bradford - Jet 2 cancelled some of their Grenoble flights - just like Monarch did last year. They obviously thought they could go head to head this year but Jet2 blinked first
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can't say I've had any issues with any of my regular EJ flights to/from Geneva/Gatwick, but seeing as the flight is always rammed that is no real surprise
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy