Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine -> Avoriaz at start of the season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Helloo

I'm heading out to Morzine, skiing Avoriaz for the first week of the season (Dec 14-21), and this seems to mean that no one except for ESF is running group lessons, and they're only running them in the morning. I have tried Avoriaz Alpine Ski School and BASS Morzine so far, but no luck there.

Couple of questions:
- are there other group lesson alternatives I may have missed?
- is it likely that I can get to the Avoriaz ESF meeting point by 915 from Morzine that week? The timetable suggests the navettes won't be running and I would prefer not to hire a car, leaving Super Morzine the only access route.
- if no to both, any other suggestions?

Budget is bit of a concern but I'm heading out on my own so the trip itself will be mostly about trying to improve. I was thinking ESF Avoriaz group (partly for something to do) supplemented by a few private lessons with AASS or BASS Morzine.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
driz wrote:

- is it likely that I can get to the Avoriaz ESF meeting point by 915 from Morzine that week? The timetable suggests the navettes won't be running and I would prefer not to hire a car, leaving Super Morzine the only access route.

The Super Morzine is quite flat and involves taking a few lifts and polling Mad to get up to Avoriaz, no chance of doing in 15 minutes

Isn't there a new lift from Morzine to Avoriaz Puzzled

driz wrote:

- if no to both, any other suggestions?

Have you tried Alpine Learning Curves, based in Morzine, http://www.alpinelearningcurves.co.uk have used them before and found them quite good
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
driz, are you quite sure that Avoriaz is running lifts during the week? (given current weather I would expect them to) but it's not clear from the website...? I think you are going to need a car.

crypto, S-M doesn't require any (sp!!?) poleing. Well, maybe late in the season when it's all soft and slow. Or maybe first thing after a heavy fall and they haven't got round to bashing it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My understanding is that Avoriaz is opening from 14th December, albeit, partial opening.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pamski, Definitely at the weekend but as usual ( rolling eyes ) it's not clear when they open "properly" - at least, it wasn't obvious to me... French, internet, etc.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah their website says they're open from the 13th and they're selling lift passes on http://www.skipass-avoriaz.com for that week. I think usually there's at least Avoriaz and the pre la joux area of Chatel open. Lift pass is only €122 for 6 days for that time so as long as there's something to ski on I'll be happy enough.

Thanks for the ALC tip, I will give them a shout and see if they're running any groups.

Also just found the lift opening times on that skipass-avoriaz site: http://www.skipass-avoriaz.com/tarifs-domaine-avoriaz.html

Looks like Super-Morzine opens at 845am but Zore not until 9am. While it's probably loads of time, 15 minutes to take Zore then ski to Proclou then take Proclou then ski down to the meeting point seems a bit tight. Going from either Ardent or Prodains seems achievable though! Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
driz, if you do hire a car to get to Prodains beware that things have changed in regard to parking: http://www.parkingmorzine.com/images/Guide_Parking_des_Prodains.pdf
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
driz, you are right that the bits inbetween the lifts can be ok but they can run very slowly, and particularly at the start of the season tend to go-stop-go more than usual.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
driz, ah, well done, I wasn't so motivated to find opening times as you snowHead

Even Ardent leaves you a tad tight in the unlikely event that there's a queue. Best book car and a Prodains space. Bizarre that the navettes aren't running...

There is no word for "entrepreneur" in French.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
In Meribel the buses are tied to the lifts, so if they open early or close late so do the buses. Morzine must love cars.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I could be wrong on the navettes - but the timetables from last winter only show them starting from 21/22 of December. If anyone who's been to Morzine/Avoriaz for the first week can contradict this I would be rather happy.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
driz, you're right the timetables are out of date, but just seen confirmation on Twitter from the Porte du Soleil office (@PDS_officiel) that there will be navettes between Morzine and Les Prodains.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy