Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bolting on a few days before family Skiing holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

I am going on the annual family skiing holiday from 4th Jan - 11th, to Les Gets, and am thinking of trying to bolt on a couple of days beforehand, maybe fly out on a wednesday. I ve decided my 10yr old son and me deserve a couple of extra days plus a bit of a lads adventure. Obviously the week preceding this week is the new year week. I have checked out flights into Geneva and they are quite cheap going mid week and was wondering what the chance of getting a couple of days accommodation somewhere, but not really sure best place to look. Pretty flexible on type of accommodation, anything that has a couple of beds will do. I guess Northern Alps would be easiest for us to get to Les Gets on the Saturday, and probably best for access from Geneva. Knowing that there are some knowledgeable folk on this forum, I was hoping for some suggestions/advice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jubnut, you will find something in Morzine for sure if you post this request on Chalets Direct Winter Solutions room http://www.chaletsdirect.com/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=1 good luck snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks sarah, will check out.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
New Year week, so finding somewhere cheap for a part-week might be tricky. I'd look at a French-run hotel, they're more likely to sell rooms by the night.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jubnut, any chance of having your extra days afterwards? Would make things cheaper, easier and less busy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
............and how did you wangle school agreeing to absence!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, would love to stay on but school might freak out on me what with the new rules, just thought it a nice idea to get out there a bit early as I m off work and son off school anyway.

Boris, the Lower school has agreed it as exceptional circumstances (wife a nurse unable to take holiday over christmas and starts masters in Jan so no holiday til summer) Still waiting on the middle school, so may have to pay a fine if one is coming, but fingers crossed they'll just tell me not to do it again, blah blah blah.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

so may have to pay a fine if one is coming

highly improbable if you take unauthorised leave for a week. Not worth worrying about in the wider scheme of life's risks.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jubnut, sensible lower school then - only asked as we were told no - Mrs B is Practice Manager and also constrained on what leave and when she can take - not sufficient apparently
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, couldn t agree more.

Boris, Yes sensible Head who really understands in the whole grand scheme of things 4 days off school is nt going to make a great deal of a difference to an 8yr old's education. I have a feeling she may be a snowhead at heart! Smile
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jubnut, try the Tourist office/resort website. Lots of apartment owners go out for New Year itself and don't take the full week so you might be able to pick up an apartment for a few days. In fact a snowHead might be able to help...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy