Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach-Hinterglemm Lift Pass 14th December

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
I'm lucky enough to have taken the week before Christmas off work and am planning to go skiing.
It's the earliest I have ever hit the slopes and it looks like there are a few good deals around. One of the best ones is for a place in Saalbach-Hinterglemm and having heard so many good things about the area on this forum I was going to give it a whirl. The VFM is even better when you look at the discounted lift price for that week, but my paranoia is telling me that perhaps this is because not all the lifts will be open. Can anyone enlighten me please?
FYI there are 2 of us going. I'm happy skiing anything all day. My OH is an early intermediate but can get down most runs.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The resort officially opens on the 29th November, I think and, I gather from one or two posts, there has been some decent snowfall already. Frankly I'd be surprised if everything was open by then, however, if you pose the question in the Saalbach Hinterglemm thread, there are several 'locals' who will be better able to answer the question more accurately.

It is a big area and I'd be surprised if the options were so limited as to spoil the week in anyway. Just so long as the run past the Hinterhag Alm is open, what more could one wish for Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We were there pre-Xmas last year, and heading out again on the 14th : the whole resort was open (bar maybe the black off the Zwolferkogel) : maybe not quite 100% of the lifts, but everything was accessible.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK thanks. So long as most lifts are open and most runs are accessable it should be worth it.
I think I will go for it then. Maybe I will join the famous S-H thread as suggested first.

Thanks once again.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lots of snow-making in S-H, so they work really hard to get the pistes open. Last year I skied from 12th Dec on 60cm of snow in the valley, much more on top. The runs over to Leogang and Viehofen were also open. Obviously cannot guarantee that there will be deep snow everywhere, but I'd reckon that above the mid-stations (i.e. 90% of the runs) should be open. I'm going out on 9th Dec. and am not worried. There's always Kaprun 30 mins. away if the snow completely fails to appear in S-H.

The webcams are currently showing green fields right down in the valley, but plenty of snow above about 1300m, but they'll be pumping snow out for the next 3 weeks if the temperatures are low enough.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for that. I have booked up and got a 7 night CB package (icl flights etc) + lift pass for just over £500 so if there is only half decent snow I will have got a bargain.
Thanks once again.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cacciatore wrote:
Just so long as the run past the Hinterhag Alm is open, what more could one wish for Toofy Grin

Aaaaalllloooooooooo!!!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy