Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Laws regarding PMR use in Europe..

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I vaguely remember reading somewhere (helpful huh?) that a PMR channel was illeagal to use in France (Ch9??).

Can anyone confirm/deny/clarify laws regarding PMR use in Europe please? Heading down as a group in 2 vehicles tomorrow and wouldn't like to get done by facist french police Wink

(hides the Road Angel.. Wink)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You may recall that north american PMRs are not legal in Europe due to the frequency they operate at (and vice versa for that case). north american ones are also a lot more powerful
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
well I'm okay with that one - but maybe helpful for others here Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IanB, When I first got a pair of PMR 446 radios a few years back, I checked the list of European countries to see if there were any specific restrictions. At the time, the use of channels 1 and 2 in France wasn't officially allowed, as they were in use by SNCF (I think). However, checking the official European web page here it seems that France has now removed this restriction Very Happy
Incidentally, PMR446 only has 8 official channels , see info page, so I didn't follow your reference to Channel 9 - unless you've got the US specification Family Radio Service sets which have 14 channels (which are on similar but different frequencies to pmr446 and are therefore illegal in UK and Europe)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sorry, I was talking crap - mine only have 9 channels Embarassed

Must have been the ch1 & 2 thing I was (very obviously) vaguely remembering... Thanks for that Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy