Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites Jan 4th 2014 - airport transfer help or more people to join group

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help! I have booked to ski a week in the Dolomites (Alta Badia) commencing Saturday 4th January 2014. I live in the midlands, but most of the group come from "darn sarf" and are flying out of Gatwick to Venice Marco Polo. I have got a flight booked from East Mids to Venice Treviso, but I am finding it really difficult to sort out a transfer from there to the resort. Is there anyone out there who could offer transfer for one person from Treviso to Colfosco/Corvara and back the following Saturday? I am on the Ryanair flight; it gets in at 12:55. The return flight departs at 13:20 on the following Saturday.

Alternatively, are there any mature skiers out there who would fancy joining the party, flying from East Mids so that we could share a taxi? It's half-board in a hotel for £670 with local guides for five of the six days. We will probably do the Sella Ronda trip at least once since the hotel is at the bottom of one of the lifts on the circuit.

Cheers
Dave
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You could try asking mountainsun if they would consider letting you join their transfer for a fee? At least would get you to San cassiano and a taxi from there will not be too much. Not sure if they use Treviso though.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kditrj2d, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
With regards to a transfer from Venice Treviso to Alta Badia, have you looked at the service run by Cortina Express?
You'll see from their winter timetable that they do a transfer from Treviso to Cortina departing at 14:00 and also 17:00, arriving in Cortina at 16:20 and 19:20 respectively with connecting services from Cortina onto Alta Badia resorts at 17:00 and 19:35 respectively.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ah, so the timetable has finally been published! At last! Previously when I searched all I could find was last year's timetable, and that didn't look so good.

This year it looks as though I can indeed use the bus. I was more worried about the return journey, but there is a bus very early in the morning from almost right outside my hotel which should get me back to the airport in plenty of time, even allowing for poor road conditions.

Thanks for the replies. Anyone else fancy the trip?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Also look up Dolomiti Star transfers thats who snowheads use for transfers to the Birthday bash in arabba, I think they go to all Dolomite resorts. There probably a link on the SH10BB thread
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
speachmaus wrote:
Also look up Dolomiti Star transfers thats who snowheads use for transfers to the Birthday bash in arabba, I think they go to all Dolomite resorts.

Actually they don't - they only go to the Fodom areas of Arabba/Marmolada, Civetta (which includes Alleghe) and Falcade/Passo San Pellogrino.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy