Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chalet Girl!

Poster: A snowHead
Just a heads up for those who are able to tear themselves away from watching the "New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum" thread.
Chalet Girl is on Film 4 tonight at 19:10
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hmm, can I give up CG and P J Ski for a couple of hours?
Toofy Grin

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 16-11-13 17:43; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
well Im still in my PJs so watching a snowy kind of film sounds perfect - I can have the laptop open just to keep an eye on the Ski Club thread wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just give me few full length posters of Felicity Jones and I'm good
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
quality film. absolutely love it!!!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Also after it theres Hottub Time Machine, followed by Frozen - definately a theme on tonight Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Aaagh don't get Film4.....I think we may have the DVD somewhere....that film is great Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Doing a Season is not all about hot tubs, helis and handsome tips as in Chalet Girl - but more about cold showers, chapped hands and complaining guests as in Chalet Bitch. Anyone who has done a season - or is about to - can get an insider's view in Who Wants To Be A Seasonaire on www.stylealtitude.com. This is a new ski and snowboard online magazine that regularly goes off-piste feature-wise.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Doing a Season is not all about hot tubs, helis and handsome tips

Shocked

Thanks for the heads up. We would never have known.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Interesting challenge. Which is more tedious? The "New Ski Club of Great Britain chat forum" or the abysmal Chalet Girls film? Black Swan on C4 at 9pm - much better for the saddos at home on a Saturday evening, like me. Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hellooooo!!

Oh Sad thought someone wanted to say Hi!!! Laughing Laughing

If only seasons were more like the film!! Smile. Still, one of my favourite films Smile
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
well seeing as I'm not posting under my real name I can get away with saying that I enjoyed that without trashing any of my cred wink
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
On the rocks wrote:
well seeing as I'm not posting under my real name I can get away with saying that I enjoyed that without trashing any of my cred wink

Quite right JB1970
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On the rocks, Laughing
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Stylister wrote:
Doing a Season is not all about hot tubs, helis and handsome tips as in Chalet Girl - but more about cold showers, chapped hands and complaining guests as in Chalet Bitch. Anyone who has done a season - or is about to - can get an insider's view in Who Wants To Be A Seasonaire on www.stylealtitude.com This is a new ski and snowboard online magazine that regularly goes off-piste feature-wise.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Sun 17-11-13 12:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Black Swan reminds me a little of The Piano Teacher.
ski holidays
Serriadh, Laughing
snow report
Serriadh, in fairness...the Style Attitude site's 'Top Story' is inspired by and features a still image from the Chalet Girl film that makes up the title and discussion of this thread.. Posting an advert as your first post on a forum might not be the best etiquette, but in this case it's not indiscriminate and it's not been done multiple times, so it fails the spam test. The article itself - a series of mini interviews with various resort workers - is pretty funny in parts.

Didn't see either film myself anyway, there was a fairly interesting documentary on Chamonix on D8. Surprising really as it's normally a BBC3 kind of light entertainment channel, but was worth a watch tonight.
snow conditions
albinomountainbadger wrote:
Posting an advert as your first post on a forum might not be the best etiquette, but in this case it's not indiscriminate and it's not been done multiple times, so it fails the spam test. The article itself - a series of mini interviews with various resort workers - is pretty funny in parts.

Perhaps I was a little mean. Its the 'posting like you're a press release' style that gets to me, mostly. I've editted it to be a wee bit nicer now wink

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sun 17-11-13 12:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:

Its the 'posting like you're a press release' style that gets to me, mostly. If they come back, I'll consider redacting my post

good move
snow conditions
Frozen is about to start, must be a crap winter film night or something Smile
latest report
Soooo sorry didn't mean to post a press release, just to show that doing a season isn't quite like Chalet Girl. Good tips? Best tip is to spend as much time as you can riding..
snow report
I recant my previous statement.
ski holidays
Stylister wrote:
Soooo sorry didn't mean to post a press release, just to show that doing a season isn't quite like Chalet Girl. Good tips? Best tip is to spend as much time as you can riding..

No poo-poo, sherlock.

What's next for a best tip? Don't eat yellow snow? Any other painfully obvious things you want to point out and pass off as unique insides?
ski holidays
Stylister wrote:
spend as much time as you can riding..

Smutastic!
ski holidays
Riding as much as you can may seem obvious but many a seasonaire spends more time recovering from hangovers and NOT riding just because the weather's not perfect...
snow conditions
Stylister, it's a really nice and fun looking website for young, new seasonaires. On your Chalet Girl's A-Z list, though, the letter "L" should stand for "Lame behaviour". Being drunk and "not organised" is a crap excuse for willingly exposing yourself to STDs, boy or girl, so maybe you should include another obvious tip for saisonaires: don't leave home without some protection in your pocket.
ski holidays
Good point...!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy