Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

should I get these skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Im looking at buying a set of miss demenor skis model 2012 they are in great condition with marker griffon bindings, all in for £300.
I really like the design but I dont know if these are right for me I know they are womens skis would make any diffrence to how the ski? Are they worth getting? And is 300 a good price?

I dont have a great knowledge on skis so I would love to have some advice.
Please help thanks Puzzled Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh, yes, definitely.

Especially if you are a girl. Even better if you are a gurrrllll. Or a cougar.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think your skill level - height vs. ski length and where you plan to ski (piste, powder, park) are all important questions that need to be answered before anyone can give any feedback. Also price wise that isn't the best of deals:

http://www.sailandski.co.uk/acatalog/K2-Missdemeanor-Skis---Marker-Free-Ten-Bindings-2014-21975.html?gclid=CPfi_aTO6boCFfSWtAodFAwA2g - brand new with marker griffon bindings and ski poles and delivery - £380

I would honestly if you can afford it buy the new pair of skies over the used ones. However, that doesn't mean that the skis are suited for your ability and what you would like out of them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm going to make the assumption from your comments that you're not actually a woman. If so, no, of course you shouldn't buy them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Raceplate wrote:
I'm going to make the assumption from your comments that you're not actually a woman. If so, no, of course you shouldn't buy them.

Basi L2 and you're giving out ignorant advice like this? if this is sarcasm I apologize.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mag1882, he was thrown out of BASI for poorly targeted irony.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mag1882, the OP reads to me as if it's been written by a man that is considering buying women's skis because he thinks they're cheap. You may read it differently or it may be because the OP is also obviously not a native English speaker so his/her post is just poorly expressed.

If the OP is a man, he's being conned into a bad purchase IMO. If she is a woman, she needs to give a lot more detail before anyone can say if it's a reasonable offer or not. I fail to see what BASI's got to do with it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Raceplate wrote:
mag1882, the OP reads to me as if it's been written by a man that is considering buying women's skis because he thinks they're cheap. You may read it differently or it may be because the OP is also obviously not a native English speaker so his/her post is just poorly expressed.

If the OP is a man, he's being conned into a bad purchase IMO. If she is a woman, she needs to give a lot more detail before anyone can say if it's a reasonable offer or not. I fail to see what BASI's got to do with it.

Or a woman who wants to know the 'handling' difference between men's and women's skis. Some people perceive that equipment for women functions at a 'different' level to that of men because women's skill set can be perceived as different. For instance, I don't ride a typically female motorbike and nearly every biker I meet is surprised at my choice of machine; 'bit of a handful for a girl isn't it?' is a phrase I often hear, or something like it Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Raceplate, especially given your history with them. That poor inflatable...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chaletgirl,
Quote:
Or a woman who wants to know the 'handling' difference between men's and women's skis.
Yeah, it might be, in which case she should ask the question more clearly.

Quote:
Some people perceive that equipment for women functions at a 'different' level to that of men because women's skill set can be perceived as different. For instance, I don't ride a typically female motorbike and nearly every biker I meet is surprised at my choice of machine; 'bit of a handful for a girl isn't it?' is a phrase I often hear, or something like it

It's got nothing to do with misogyny. Women's skis have the binding point further forward to compensate for their anatomy and most have a softer flex than the equivalent men's model. The Miss Demeanor has a reputation for being soggy even by women's skis standards (it's primarily a park ski) so of course it's a ridiculous purchase for a man (if that's what the OP is).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name, who rattled your cage?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Raceplate, sorry, it's that time of year. wink absolutely not aimed personally at you.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name, no problem. I'm a little irascible today, too. Must be the alignment of the stars and the moon or something wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Raceplate, myself, I think it's the lowering, but not quite low enough snowline snowHead

Also, that even if it drops dramatically. We're over committed elsewhere until the 8th to do anything about it... rolling eyes
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Think out of the box. The OP may be transgender, I am sure we embrace diversity on Snowheads.
snow report
chaletgirl, What is your ride? I spent a few weeks in Europe this summer hitting a lot of passes and over there almost every girl biker seemed to be on tuned up 1000 race bikes or comfy cruisers Toofy Grin
snow report
Timbobaggins, Hell, I embrace perversity Laughing
snow conditions
Avalanche Poodle wrote:
chaletgirl, What is your ride? I spent a few weeks in Europe this summer hitting a lot of passes and over there almost every girl biker seemed to be on tuned up 1000 race bikes or comfy cruisers Toofy Grin

I bought the skis I'd had for the season purely so I had skis and wasn't tied to an employer for kit next season. I actually can't remember what they are now. Will have a look before they go in a friends loft till next year. I have never been too fussed about what I skied on as I've had dodgy knees for the three seasons so couldn't do off piste and feel too old for park!!!! So just wanted decent piste skis. All I know for sure is that they are almost as tall as me (I'm 5' 7")!!!!

I know. Not a true snowhead as I know nothing remotely technical Embarassed Sad Sad Embarassed
ski holidays
Oh bug - Avalanche Poodle, I completely misread that and just thought skis!!!!

Ok, I ride a TL1000s. It is pretty unusual I believe, not helped but the fact that it was called the widow maker on release!!!! But I'm not married and not a man, so can't be a widow maker with me!!! Smile

latest report
chaletgirl, nice bike! I ride a thou too. I get heartily bored of comments like 'that's a big bike for a girl', especially from guys who are a few inches/stones less than me. Good on ya lass!
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
chaletgirl, nice bike! I ride a thou too. I get heartily bored of comments like 'that's a big bike for a girl', especially from guys who are a few inches/stones less than me. Good on ya lass!

Thank you

I've learned to cope with that comment. When guys say, but isn't the TLs difficult to ride? It's nice to reply with, can't be that bad if a gurl can ride it!!! The bit I hate with passion is when someone says, "you ride that well" with 'for a girl' left unsaid!!!! Aaaaarrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!

Which thou to do you ride?
latest report
Raceplate wrote:

It's got nothing to do with misogyny. Women's skis have the binding point further forward to compensate for their anatomy and most have a softer flex than the equivalent men's model. The Miss Demeanor has a reputation for being soggy even by women's skis standards (it's primarily a park ski) so of course it's a ridiculous purchase for a man (if that's what the OP is).

Not all of them have the forward mounting point, quite a few women don't like the forward mounting point and so mount them back from the recommended point, conversely some men prefer the bindings mounted further forward, sure I've read a few of the guys on here that have had balancing done say they mount their bindings forward of recommended.

I have 1 pair of women's skis and 1 pair of unisex that I ski regularly, both same length and similar size underfoot but the womens's ones are much stiffer while the unisex ones are a bit soft so just cause the women's skis are softer than the unisex version doesn't mean they are noodles.

To the OP one of my male mates tried the Missdemeanor at ski tests, he loved them, tried them quite a lot in different conditions but wouldn't buy them cause they were gurrls skis Smile
snow report
lynseyf, Smile
snow conditions
One of my friends skis women's K2s because he just loves them. But his skis are probably one of the stiffer ones and his weight is about 60 kg soaking wet.
snow conditions
Nice bike Smile Yeah, the TL had rep for needing smooth handling lol
snow report
Avalanche Poodle wrote:
Nice bike Smile Yeah, the TL had rep for needing smooth handling lol

Probably why I've no issues!! I's just soooo smoooooth!!! LOL Smile. Sadly it also means I have no issues with unexpected wheelies Sad and haven't managed to wheelie it yet Sad LOL
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy