Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Clueless

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I probably need a new pair of skis. My XScream series 10s are now looking out of date and I suspect that the spring has gone out of them. Also, they weigh a ton and are look stupidly long compared to more modern kit.

I realise that I now know as much about snowboards as I do about the current ski ranges i.e £$%£$% all.

So, I guess I'm looking for something that will go around the mountain, some soft stuff, some fast stuff and handle okay on a crowded piste (I may not get a choice about this).

I'll need to carve turns at moderate speed, so no rock hard downhill skis. What would be a civilised radius ? 16 ? 18 ?

A few years ago everyone was going for tamed GS skis, but I understand that FIS GS rules have changed so that racers have to strap a pair of builder's planks to their feet.

I tried a pair of Salamon something (Tornado ?) which seemed, well, alright, nothing special.

I understand that Kneissl have fitted some kind of brainwave transducer that makes Snowheads deliriously happy. I had a look at their site, but there's even a plethora of Black stars, so I didn't buy any when I could have had a cheap left over demo pair (kicks self).

Anyway, suggestions welcome

I know there are tests on, it's a question of getting to them and knowing what to try.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy