Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What cheap skiis for freestyle / off piste

Poster: A snowHead
I'm doing a BASI lvl 1 and 2 course this winter and already have a pair of skiis for that, proper carving low radius skiis

However, I want some skiis I can have some fun on in the park and especially off piste.

Probably second hand is best but don't even know what I'm searching for, hoping some one can give me some advice, I'm 6 foot.

Cheers,

Charlie
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shouldnt someone hopeing to become a qualified instructor have some idea as to what they want?

just saying Puzzled
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If I knew what I wanted I wouldn't have posted!

I know the TYPE of ski that I want but need help re: brand etc. My knowledge of ski brands and models is not extensive

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 15-11-13 15:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Where are you going to be?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Va d'isre gorilla,
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
*d'isere
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unless you're happy to wait and demo stuff, all you're really going to get from asking that question is a lot of personal preference.

There's a ton of suitable stuff on ebay for most budgets atm.

But if you're going to Val, I'm not sure I'd bother picking anything up before you go, there's always plenty of stuff for sale, Blue Note seemed to be the most popular place to advertise them last season, but some rental shops also had some of last season's kit for sale. Then you might even get a quick trial.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Perfect, is what I was thinking anyway but thought it might all be more pricey, rental shops is probably a good idea.

Cheers
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CharLisht, 82-90 under foot,
preferably with Edge armour or similar in the base to provide better lasting ski for hitting boxes rails.

A couple of suggestions Salomon Suspect, or Dumount (Loads of the older models about) Armada El Dente, Nordica Badmind.

You will also find cheap K2 Silencer’s Public Enemys etc out there that were bought as all mountain skis but are true park skis.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The one thing I would say is be honest with yourself about your park credentials / ambitions. It's all well and good owning a park ski, mounted almost central if you either spend most of your time in the park or can afford to have more than one pair, but if what you're really looking for is an all mountain, powder biased, ski capable of the occasional lap through the park (and if you're really honest with yourself that means just going straight over the medium jumps at most) then I'd go for something wider than Fattes13, otherwise great suggestions.

But demoing is key, learned that lesson the expensive way.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
flaming, If you cant ski most of the conditions in Europe on a 90 underfoot twin tip, equipment is not your issue!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fattes13, very true, but he already has a race carver, so he's not looking for a one ski quiver capable of dealing with hardpack and carving short radius turns. In which case I'd go fatter than 90, it's just more fun more of the time. My equivalent ski to what he's asking for is the movement scoop, at 102 underfoot.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Salomon Rocker IIs, Moment Bibby, Line Opus, Atomic Automatics. Go for a fat rockered ski for off-piste - lots more fun than something of 90mm underfoot!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers flaming, Fattes13, JayDub,
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like Moment have ruined the Bibby Pro with the new version though Sad

CharLisht, someone is selling a 11/12 Bibby Pro on TGR on the 'Snow for the Euros' thread; great chance to get IMO the best ski for everyday Euro offpiste conditions at (probably) a very good price.
snow report
Have a look in the for sale section here for coreupt skis, they were selling them off very cheap at the end of last season....quick glance finds these

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=103232
ski holidays
and http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=103591
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy