Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ever been on a really broken lift? Ever broken a lift?

Poster: A snowHead
So far so good, I've never been is a real broken lift incident, save once.

My great friend Tim, now sadly skiing pure powder up there in the heavens did actually break a lift though:

We've all done it from time to time...on a drag lift going wide and seeing just how wide you can get. Who can lay down the widest tracks?
Don't deny it...you know you are guilty to some extent!

Schladming 1983 (I think). Tim was determined to lay down The Widest. He was a strong guy. He was so wide, and putting so much horizontal strain on the drag wire that as it went over the pylon it popped off the rollers. The whole lift just unraveled!!

We all just hung there on our buttons...a steep and narrow lift track through trees.

After about 15 mins a skidoo came roaring past, and after another couple on minutes came back down with Tim on board.

We later found out that the lifties had taken him to the police station where they held him for several hours in the cells and tried to fine hime about £10,000 for the cost of repairs! Tim explained that he was just a universsity student and that they had no chance of him being able to pay that kind of money. That evening they let him go...to a hero's welcome at our hotel!!

God bless you Tim...I still think of you every single time I ride a poma lift.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nope, never broken one, nor hit on the head by one. Sad Sorry!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'd say the Balma bucket lift in Alagne is as broken as you can get and still operating...and the cable car it feeds, which spans a huge height, isn't much better. Should have been retired years ago but it serves such great terrain nobody has the heart to do it...!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I got stuck on the Innerwengen chairlift one evening, we had to be wound back down by hand and then walk back to the village, but that's the worst I've had to cope with
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Broke a T-Bar on the Whistler T-bars riding with the coach - fair to say our combined weight probably exceeded it's design limitations rolling eyes wink
He made me ski back down the the remains and give it back to the lifty
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I broke a button on a Poma lift, once. And, I do not want to see any comments about me being too fat, thank you Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, was probably on there before you
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mjg, I hope that you are not suggesting that boredsurfin, is a little heavy Shocked
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mjg, shouldn't you be doing something else by chance? B--ks?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ray Zorro, yeah, got to get a couple of hours in now before I revel in England's spanking!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
But before I go here's number 300!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Books!mjg,
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mjg wrote:
boredsurfin, was probably on there before you

What you trying to say?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin,
Quote:

What you trying to say?

I would guess that mjg, is politely suggesting that you would a little bigger than me Little Angel Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
umm!
snow report
boredsurfin, We could have a "is my ass fatter than your ass" comp, if you are not sure Laughing
snow conditions
I skied with a chum at Glencoe some years ago, he's a reasonably "beefy" chap. We endeavoured to go up one of the tows.

Snapped the rope.

Again.

And again.

After three T-bar ropes the liftie suggested that one more failed attempt would result in removal of lift passes. Somewhat unfair I thought - in retrospect and after reading anothre thread clearly lift maintenance at fault.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy