Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

RedFox gear currently on sportpursuit?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience with this gear? Its a Russian brand so I guess it's been comprehensively tested in cold weather but have not personally come across it until now.

I've recently been trying to decide between buying a Rab Polartec Power Strech zip top and and a Mountain Equipment Eclipse top (polartec Power Dry) which both retail at about £80 each.... Now after browsing through the RedFox gear selection on sportpursuit, it seem I can get both a power dry and power stretch top for less than the price of one of my original options.... Not sure whether to take a punt or not??
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have they removed that sale? I can only see the page by going via their FB link, and everything is marked out of stock.

Anyway, fabrics. Powerdry makes for a nicer against-the-skin layer than powerstretch because of the texture of the inner surface, which also helps it move sweat away from the skin more quickly. There's also different weights of powerdry... normal and 'high efficiency' which is warmer for the weight but more expensive. The Eclipse doesn't use polartec fabrics, but is quite like powerdry high efficiency. The Redfox gear doesn't specify the HE variant, and doesn't look like it either, so I'll bet it is the cheaper lightweight powerdry. The lightweight stuff will be more useful in warmer weather.

The Eclipse uses polygiene, so it'll be much more pleasant to be in and around after a few days of skiing than a top without a similar anti-ming treatment. That's well worth paying a premium for!

I wouldn't both with the PS zip and the Eclipse. The Eclipse has a nicer fabric, anti-ming, and works as a mind and base, and you pay a bit of a premium for powerstretch. If you really wanted a fleece mid, just get a cheap microfleece instead... they're super cheap.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Serriadh, interesting post.... Sport pursuit described the Red fox power dry top as lightweight and the power stretch top was the pro version (thicker than regular, I believe) but had little else in the way of details. As you say the sale has now ended but I did buy both tops before it did, hopefully the punt will pay off. With regards to buying a normal fleece, I fancied a more athletic tailored fit than my other fleeces offer, so the PS top seemed like a good option for a reasonable price.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy